Gear pics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear pics...

The pictures aren't that great, they're in front of a goofy sheet, the lighting is bad, yada, yada, yada, but here ya go anyhow:

http://www.hackolutions.com/gear.htm
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Gear pics...

I like your tie dye. What is the sunburst custom that is second from the left? Nice touch with the JCF on the 'puter screen...... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

that is a flame copy of some sort with a kramer neck of some sort. click on the link on the left side titled Flame Guitar.

- Newc

Comment

It seems to me you like the variax, since you own 2 of these things. What are your experiences with these guitars or whatever someone might call them? Are the sounds they produce close to what they are supposed to do or is it different and how big is that difference?

Harrald

Comment

I like the white custom shop round-bodied Dinky (second from right).

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously, nice collection.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Wow, you really have some unique guitars (fretless, Dr. Seuss, etc.). I like the tie-dye Soloist. How do you like the Speedloader on the Jem? Is that a self-installable item?

Comment

Originally posted by guitar geek:
              It seems to me you like the variax, since you own 2 of these things. What are your experiences with these guitars or whatever someone might call them? Are the sounds they produce close to what they are supposed to do or is it different and how big is that difference?

Harrald
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think they sound really good. The Tele sounds like a Tele, the Strat like a Strat, and so on. Does it sound as good as your Strat or Tele or whatever? Who knows? What I do know is the tones are very identifiable as the actual guitars. The day after I got my first one, I took it to a jam/gig and got all kinds compliments on my tone - the best was getting a compliment on my Strat tone from a guy playing a real '60's Strat into a black face Super Reverb. The acoustics are pretty good as long as you plug them into something reasonable for an acoustic guitar - IOW, the clean channel of a triple rectifier ain't gonna fly. I really like all of the tones except the 12-strings - they really stink.

- Newc

Comment

The Star Wars guitars that Fernandes did came out soooo lame. These guitars could have been really cool. The idea had potential.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

I really like all of the tones except the 12-strings - they really stink.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is supposed to get a lot better with the release of variax workbench ..something to do with the alternate tuning capabilies being offered ...

BTW The variax sounds killer through the vetta 2
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

oh man!!! you've got one of those godin nylon strings? those are effin phenomenal; i'd love to have one of those... great, great guitars, and they sound awesome amplified.

what's up with the fretless agile? did you do that?

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Very cool collection you got there.
                      I really like the SL1.

Joe
                      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

You, Sir, have one of the coolest, semi eclectic, fun, and badass collections I've even seen.

Comment

I'm placing my order for the Workbench today
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't think it's available yet ..but 1.0 will be a purchase and you get an interface box to hook up usb to the wariax I think for $100 .. if you wait for version 1.1 release you will be able to use workbench right through the vetta vdi and it will be free
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver:
                            Wow, you really have some unique guitars (fretless, Dr. Seuss, etc.). I like the tie-dye Soloist. How do you like the Speedloader on the Jem? Is that a self-installable item?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like unique guitars a lot. I really don't want too many of the exact same thing. For instance, my PRS is getting those new Duncan humbucker sized P-90's because I figure I've got enough other guitars with a pair of humbuckers.

As for the Speedloader, I had Floyd Rose's main guitar and pickup designer install it. He had recently done one of Steve Vai's JEMs so I figured he'd be a good guy for the job [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

Here's a thread on this: http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...c;f=1;t=001858

- Newc

Comment

Wow, a 24-fret Custom Shop Polka Dot Rhoads! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Is that a Dinky body like the XTRR?
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X