Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gear pics...

Originally posted by TEKKY:
    The Star Wars guitars that Fernandes did came out soooo lame. These guitars could have been really cool. The idea had potential.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed. The Nomad I have is fun for the kids and mildly amusing to look at.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
      That is supposed to get a lot better with the release of variax workbench ..something to do with the alternate tuning capabilies being offered ...
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm placing my order for the Workbench today.

Originally posted by KMaynard:
      BTW The variax sounds killer through the vetta 2
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes - I've got a Vetta II. I haven't seen it for a few weeks. I just got it back this morning in fact - Cliff Garrett has been having fun with it.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
        oh man!!! you've got one of those godin nylon strings? those are effin phenomenal; i'd love to have one of those... great, great guitars, and they sound awesome amplified.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is an amazing guitar. I use it quite a bit with a Yamaha AG Stomp box. That is such a nice combination. Also, this thing has the Roland GK output so I can plug it into my VG-8 and/or GI-20. It's pretty fun to mix the nylon string tone with a Les Paul into a Marshall and a cool synth pad.

Originally posted by jsullysix:
        what's up with the fretless agile? did you do that?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope, they were selling them on the Rondo site for a while. I got the last one they had in stock last July.

- Newc

Comment

I updated the site today. There are a lot more pictures of stuff. I added a bunch of pictures of gear gone bye-bye too. Check it out and let me know if you find any broken links or anything.

http://www.hackolutions.com/gear.htm

- Newc

Comment

This is going to sound like a lame question given all the sweeeeet g'tars you have there...How did you like the BOSS AC-2 effects pedal. What kind of sound do/did you get out of it? Could it replicate big-bodied accoustics and thinlines as well as the advertisings says? Been thinking about getting one, so I'm curious. Thanks.

Nice collection by the way [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I actually picked up another AC-2 not too long ago. It's an amusing pedal. You're not fooling anyone into thinking there is an acoustic guitar anywhere but it works in a pinch where you've got something that needs to sound "acoustic like". Needless to say you need a very clean amp setting with good clean speakers. I got this last one for 25 bucks - it's worth that much.

- Newc

Comment

Thanks. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] That's almost exactly what the guy at the music store told me. He said, "It won't fool anybody into thinking you have an accoustic, but with the rest of the band going (i.e., drums, bass, maybe keyboards), it works well enough." I guess that's one store I can go back to without thinking the guy is making stuff up. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] man, if that banjo only had the blood splatter graphic like mine!

J/K bro, damn nice collection dude! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

First......... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Dude, you have the collection I hope to earn some day !

Second....I checked every link and they all work fine ! You have put together one hell of a site !

Also, what were your impressions on that Oscar Schmidt you had ? I was trying my ass off to get one of the last Agile AS-820's that sold out on Sunday but missed my chance. Now I'm eyeballin' those and the Ibanez Artcore guitars.
                    That Agile fretless Les Paul is pretty sweet too. Lately I've had a major boner for the Agile guitars. You cannot beat those prices if you are looking to "experiment" !! Rondo is selling the Agile fretless necks for $49.....that price is kind of encouraging me to start a new project. Guess the hard part would be nailing that 24.7 scale that neck is built for.

Awesome stuff Tim !

Comment

Thanks for the kind words.

The Oscar Schmidt was just OK. It was only like $130 or so. It's a bolt on which is goofy. It played and sounded ok but there was no getting to the upper frets on it.

You should check out Eastwood guitars. A buddy of mine had one their SG copies and it was pretty darn cool for the price. If you want a nice 335 knock off they have you covered. Check this out:

http://www.myrareguitars.com/demoguitars.html

They have a tobacco burst or black one for $259. I'm sure that'll be better than the Oscar Schmidt.

Trust me, the challenge with the fretless has nothing to do with 24.75. It's hard to even play an open E chord with a fretless guitar. Try it - grab your guitar and fret an open E chord and look at your fingers. Now imagine you don't have frets. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] I was playing it at a coworkers' house this evening because he wanted to check the guitar out - making music come out of that thing ain't easy.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                        Wow, a 24-fret Custom Shop Polka Dot Rhoads! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Is that a Dinky body like the XTRR?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I guess it probably is a Dinky body - it's a tad smaller than my SD student Rhoads and the long point is shorter.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim:
                          Thanks for the kind words.

The Oscar Schmidt was just OK. It was only like $130 or so. It's a bolt on which is goofy. It played and sounded ok but there was no getting to the upper frets on it.

You should check out Eastwood guitars. A buddy of mine had one their SG copies and it was pretty darn cool for the price. If you want a nice 335 knock off they have you covered. Check this out:

http://www.myrareguitars.com/demoguitars.html

They have a tobacco burst or black one for $259. I'm sure that'll be better than the Oscar Schmidt.

Trust me, the challenge with the fretless has nothing to do with 24.75. It's hard to even play an open E chord with a fretless guitar. Try it - grab your guitar and fret an open E chord and look at your fingers. Now imagine you don't have frets. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] I was playing it at a coworkers' house this evening because he wanted to check the guitar out - making music come out of that thing ain't easy.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow, that Nashville looks great ! Thanks for the link, Tim !! On the fretless, the scale listed on the Rondo website was 24.7 and there are some guitars listed as 24.75. Kinda led me to believe that this was one of the small changes they made to the gibby design. If thats the case, though, I wonder how big of a deal .05 inch would be [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by kremit:
                            Wow, that Nashville looks great ! Thanks for the link, Tim !! On the fretless, the scale listed on the Rondo website was 24.7 and there are some guitars listed as 24.75. Kinda led me to believe that this was one of the small changes they made to the gibby design. If thats the case, though, I wonder how big of a deal .05 inch would be [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I bet that's a typo. Either way I bet .05 wouldn't matter much - with a fretless you'll be playing out of tune anyhow [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo:
                              I like your tie dye. What is the sunburst custom that is second from the left? Nice touch with the JCF on the 'puter screen...... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Saw your pics. Man you got a lot of stuff, very cool. can I come to your house and play? Man, my wife would make me a Eunich if I bought that much stuff at once. very cool

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim:
                                The pictures aren't that great, they're in front of a goofy sheet, the lighting is bad, yada, yada, yada, but here ya go anyhow:

http://www.hackolutions.com/gear.htm
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">holy shit you own your own music shop in your basement dude ! lol ! //Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X