big waiting has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: big waiting has begun

The only thing worse than the "seacrud green" color is those two transient looking switches. What the hell do they do??????
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Lemme guess....ummmm....one turns the guitar on / off, and the other changes the color to a sweet looking trans amber flame maple?
      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      (sorry, I've had a fun day!)
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Cool dude, you can get those switches taken care of when you get it refinned....

Comment

Well, not sure what the original color was.. but it certainly wasn't sea foam green. If your friend does as good of a job with the 750 as he did with the model 6, you're going to have a really nice axe.

Comment

Actually, seafoam green was a standard color on the 750, right from the factory.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              because of the impatience over here I rated by accident my own thread with 1 star [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Good job. You and I can compete for the JCF Dumb Mistakes award (see my recent thread about Christian Olde Wolbers here in the General sub-forum). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft. I'm not gonna read this suck-ass 1-star thread.

Nice guitars, BTW! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

hey Joe, I did not know that!

Comment

Good choice on going with a refin. That color looks ugly. It will be cool to see what it looks like after the refin. The Matrix Model 6 looks awesome.
                  KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                  I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Yeah, just one word.... REFIN!!! Cool score bro... how's it play? What kind of refin are you going to do?

Comment

well, my first impression is, it has a great feel, nice vibe, but I am not (yet) into the EMGs and I think those will be swapped out really quick. what stunned me was that, altough I always thought EMGs could make a broomstick sound like a cool guitar and that the wood does not matter at all with them, I really can hear 2 charackers in the guitar. the PU's AND the wood. The last one gives a nice warm tone mucho tone, the EMGs (a 81 and a 60) are a "little" shrill. I have not decided upon it yet.

about the refin, I was in Egypt 2 weeks ago and I bought myself some papyrus for this purpose; this will become (if it works) the basic finish for the guitar, just put it on and put some laque on it. after that there are going to be some egyptian style airbrushes on it, some scenes from the book of the dead I guess. I already made a quick ideaschetch in kisikea (or however one might write that)

Harrald

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Harrald

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are the 2mini switches?
                        [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

oh yes, forgot about those [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. those will be gone after the refin [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

harrald

Comment

I second the retirement of that SoamFee green.
                            How is your refinishing dude going to do the headstock?
                            I hope for pictures when you get it ready!
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I have no idea yet, we'll see about that. it is just the basic idea and how to make it a working one is the next step. pics when done is a promise.

Harrald

Comment

OH MAN! DROOL INDUCING! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

I'm a huge Egypt nut, and I think it'll look superb! Karl Sanders (Nile) will be jealous [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you don't like the sound of the 81 (like I did, too thin and sterile) put an 85 in the bridge. I swapped pickups in the Kelly and I LOVE the way the 85 sounds!

Comment

Working...
                                X