Explorers - How many made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorers - How many made?

Does anybody have any idea how many Jackson and Charvel Explorers were made?
    Any ideas which ones there were more of, Jacksons or Charvels??

Re: Explorers - How many made?

I would guess more Jacksons.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I would also guess more Jacksons were made...at least I´ve seen fewer Charvels.

Comment

Really?! I would have guessed more Charvels. Look in the JCF Gallery to see...I believe I am the only one on the JCF with a neck through Jackson Explorer, of which there certainly were not many, and can never be any due to the Gibson suit.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I'd have to agree with Joe on this one...I would also think there were more Charvel Explorers out there than Jacksons. Keep in mind, how many years Charvel was doing them before Jackson came around.
          Not to mention the DiMarzio, and Boogie Body Explorers too, which count for at least a 1/4 of the Charvels.

Comment

In all the years I have been looking, I have only seen about 15 Jackson Explorers and
            probably the same number of Charvels. But I would side with Ken and Joe in that there
            were probably more Charvels made. But I'm just guessing, hence this thread.

I know of three locals here that have a neck-thru Explorer: me, Joe, and RHOADS TONE.
            Anybody else have one that they want to share??

Comment

Working...
            X