Help ID this neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID this neck

Alright. I bought this recently and the person peddling it was selling it as a Charvel neck. I dismissed it as such as the dots didn't seem right and being no skunk stripe was present etc.. but in hindsight I am wondering if it is a Wayne strathead.
    We negotiated and I feel I paid a fair price under the pretense that it was not a Charvel neck. Hope the pics are not to large.

The dots look to have woodgrain, so maybe they're stained wood or ebony? Yes, it is 22 fret and a reverse headstock. Thanks!

headstock:

side:

back:

Heel:

Re: Help ID this neck

Mighty Mite?

Comment

no, not without a woodburn, and MM has skunk stripes.

for some odd reason, i suspect that it may be from an ebay seller called "customwoods." they make bodies and necks, and use charvel in their keywords. i have nothing good or bad to say about them, but if it's got a C profile and a straight 12" radius, i wouldn't rule it out. looks like a nice neck!

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

That does look like a customwoods neck. A friend of mine had one that I put on a guitar for him. It was a descent neck, good fret work and quality wood. My only complaint with the one I worked with was that its trussrod was kind of funky. Once tension was applied it was perfect but if you ever needed to put relief in the neck you couldn't because there was no more adjustment to loosen it. Trussrod nut just started to back off. My $.02

Comment

It is a nice neck. It is a C profile and I would say the radius is probably a straight 12. It fits a black Dimarzio strat body I've had sitting about for years quite well, so another project underway. I bought it from MGR and they bought it from some guy who claimed it was from a Charvel overstock. I thought maybe an All Parts but again, no woodburn.

Comment

yep. legal non-fender stratheads will have the licensing info on it somewhere.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              It was a descent neck,

[/ QUOTE ]

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It was a dark and stormy typo. It started out like any other evening that typos may have.. much like any other in day in the life of a typo. But it soon was becoming further evident that this was to be no ordinary typo, and not your typical posting.

Comment

ooooo, mr. post police caught me...... [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

"Jen, Isn't this the stalker guy the police had on the news last night?" "I don't know Barb, just smile big, maybe he won't grab your boob" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I didn't recognise him without his Tigger mask on
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

....suspect is wanted for suspicion of squeezing models' shoulders... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Those two models look sort of "mannish" - or "used-to-be-men" ish [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            ....suspect is wanted for suspicion of squeezing models' shoulders... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron -

You can dish it out, AND take it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

I was looking at Customwoods work.. he has a different truss route. The adjustment is made with an allen and not a phillips but otherwise a close match.

Comment

Working...
                              X