Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Center Rockwalk spokesperson just called me

Re: the Randy Rhoads memorial plaque

You may remember the ceremony that DJROBA, Evol & I attended in March, GC Hollywood. It was a huge embarrassment for GC, as Randy's name was spelled wrong on the plaque! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

RR ceremony thread

Well, of course I raised a stink about it that day (I gained entry to the GM's office later that day to express my feelings - I think they thought I was from Jackson/Fender); then complaining via email, phone and in person. Dave Wiederman, the Rockwalk Manager, avoided me at all costs.

Well, this morning Claudia from Rockwalk called me to let me know the corrected plaque has been installed. F*cking finally! I needled her again about the error, letting her know I'm not alone in feeling GC has had "head up ass" syndrome for awhile. Again, Dave W. was "not available" [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: Guitar Center Rockwalk spokesperson just called me

Ron takes his spelling corrections to the masses!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Just kidding man, nice work. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Go get 'em Ron!!!! Randy would be grateful that someone who seemingly has no life at all would go to the extremes you have to protect his namesake! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I for one vote that your name should be right there beside his on that plaque!
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Well Done!
        They sure suck.
        They will have Journey next year.
        I hope they get Neal Schon's name right!

Comment

Well at least they fixed it. Good job! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

"I hope they spell Neal Schon's name right."They'll probably go with Neil Sean. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Re: Guitar Center Rockwalk spokesperson just calle

so it's NOT Neil Scone then? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Almost a 1/2-year later. Given Ron's size (height & weight) you think they would have moved faster on this error. Maybe Ron needs to get hooked up with a Mob boss to enhance his intimidation tactics. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Go get 'em Ron. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Actually, there's an interesting story about an Italian businessman in Hollywood who I used to be acquainted with, but who now is my enemy! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

No, I didn't correct his speling (jackasses! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])...I think he was angry over the attention I was paying his hot blonde wife! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X