seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seattle

hey anybody from the seattle area know anything about this weekends sale at guitar center. i'am about a 1.5 hour away from there but want to make sure it is worth the drive. do they take trades or what. if anybody could help i would appreciate it. thanks.

Re: seattle

if it's like 90% of the GC sales, save yourself the immense hassle of driving through SeaFair traffic this weekend. These sales are so damn hit and miss. I've gotten screaming deals at them but it's about 10% of the time. YMMV of course.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Most GC sales suck just like any other weekend at GC. Start hitting up the pawn shops, swap meets, and garage sales.
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

well i didn't see the posts till just now, because i already went, and you guys were right, nothing special. i did however buy a schecter blackjack that so far am happy with, but the whole trip in general just reminded me i'm not a big city person anymore. anyway about the schecter i am gonna ask some ?'s in the non-jackson column if your interested.

Comment

I like stopping in GC or any guitar store, for that matter, every once in a while, but the weekends are the worst time to go, IMO, esp with GC. It's so crowded..I guess their saturating the radio with their "this weekend is our unbelievable sale until next weekend" ads do work! Of course, you have 2-3 dudes trying out electrics thru amps at any one time, playing the radio hit of the week, etc, plus the occasional feedback/squeal from hell when someone turns up everyting to 10 cos they're not hearing a signal, then realize the volume on the guitar is off, then *squeallllllll*!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

tell me about, i was in there twice trying to decide and both times walked out with a friggen headache. i swear it sounded like a bad dj's version of a whole lotta love with some horrid version of nirvana song mixed over the top. the worst part is the kid that plays the worst turns up the loudest.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Most GC sales suck just like any other weekend at GC. Start hitting up the pawn shops, swap meets, and garage sales.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice.. If you get the Seattle Times check out the classifieds... Sometimes you can find some good deals in there

Also... Guitar Center accepts trades but they will give you about half of their posted "sale" price of the guitar at the very most if the guitar is in PERFECT condition. If its beat then expect to get less. Don't expect to get any extra for a case or for pickups either, most of the time they just ignore that stuff.

Comment

Oh, but Labor day is but around the corner. That is my favorite time of year at Guitar Center next to Memorial Day.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Oh, but Labor day is but around the corner. That is my favorite time of year at Guitar Center next to Memorial Day.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and why is that?

Comment

Its their second biggest sale, I think.

Comment

yep usually is..bargain day.

Comment

I'd go but Seattle's guitar centers don't usually have too much worth checking out. I've been really wanting to try out a Vetta II at a shop but no guitar shop carries the Vettas around here..

I've been to the GC in Minneapolis / St. Paul (the one nearby St. Paul Fairgrounds in that area where there are like 3 malls within a few blocks of each other) and it had some of the best selection I've ever seen. They had like 2 Vettas on the floor and a ton of used gear. Never got to try out the Vettas though, I was in a hurry and sorta did a walk through. But, in true guitar center fashion, I asked the sales person if they carried any "rackmount gear" and he said "No" ( upon hearing that I walked into Accessories and saw a 12-space rack sitting in the corner loaded with all sorts of goodies, [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I'd go but Seattle's guitar centers don't usually have too much worth checking out. I've been really wanting to try out a Vetta II at a shop but no guitar shop carries the Vettas around here..

[/ QUOTE ]

Wish I'd have known that sooner - I've got a Vetta II head and 2x12 cab you could have come by to check out - it's getting packed on a truck shortly though.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Oh, they have rackmounted stuff in the Roseville GC like you said. Most of it is filled with Mesa, but there is a few other cool items like Rocktron. I'm suprised the rep didn't acknowledge that.. usually the have some great salepeople working there who have been on staff for years.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Wish I'd have known that sooner - I've got a Vetta II head and 2x12 cab you could have come by to check out - it's getting packed on a truck shortly though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Should've mentioned it earlier. Ah well, timing is everything I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X