Jacksons at Sam Ash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacksons at Sam Ash

Made a little visit to the local Sam Ash store, as I heard they're carrying Jacksons now:

-A black RR3 (these are fairly rare in SoCal for some reason)
    -EDS DK2 (marked down - can't recall to what)
    -boatload of JS30s! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Heh, at least 3 RRs, 2 KVs, 2 KEs, and 1 poor WR (in black). I noticed later that the JS30RR is in a large sale ad that appears in the local Weekly. Apparently, SA stocked enough JS30s in anticipation. They're at $299 ("$128 off list!")
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: Jacksons at Sam Ash

I heard that a while ago. Good to see JCMI expand!!!!
    Occupy JCF

Comment

So are you going to pickup that poor WR (in black) Ron? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Actually there's more to the story or so I'm told.

I spoke with the manager of a Samash in PA and was looking for a specific Jackson and Peavey guitar....the guy said yeah...we dumped those brands a while back...but now that we got dumped by Gibson we're forced to carry them again.

So it came across to me like if they had "big name" brands like Gibson to carry thye wouldn't even consider carrying the Jacksons, Peaveys, etc...

Comment

That sounds funny to me, because my local music store did not carry Gibson up until this year. I was told it had to do with the way Gibson did business. Something about you pay rent every month that the guitar sits on the wall. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but that's what I vaguely remember.
          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I saw the same thing in the Cincinnati OH store. I think there was 4 or 5 Jacksons there. They had a couple DK2's that looked like a baby played with them right after eating some strained peas... [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] ...Sticky "stuff" on the neck & strings. I just left them hang.
            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Well, they weren't forced to carry Jacksons again. That was a choice we made after Fender bought em. We only lost the Gibson deal this week. We've been carrying Jacksons for a month or two now, I forgot. Don't expect to see any USA's, there's not even any in our system

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Hehe, horrible thing for me to say, but I'm not sad about it. I'd rather give my business to one of our guys (Matt, Kev, Jason, etc...) than use my discount with these guys

Comment

Surely, Irfaan, you can use your discount to order a USA Select direct from Jackson? I was able to do so when I was at GC. IIRC we could order anything as long as we had the correct part #, even if it wasn't in the system.

Comment

Yeah, I think I could. That's something we'll have to see in the coming weeks or months though seeing we just got back together with them

Comment

I bet Sam Ash will go bankrupt in the not so distant future.

Comment

We dont have any Sam Ash's here in Texas.

Comment

No, it's in quite nasty shape, including 2 ugly dings.

Comment

Actually, there's a SamAsh in TX being built right now. I think in Houston, I can't remember. And as for the other comment on SamAsh, too much expansion too soon can't do much good for company $, so u might be right

Comment

Working...
                              X