Surf's Up, dudes!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf's Up, dudes!!

Some of you may have seen this one laboring on the bay recently. Listed a couple of times. So I went ahead and popped for it. I figured $699 for a neck-thru custom shop guitar was reasonable, as the case was included too. I guess it was made for some cat in Ministry. Stamped J6226 on the fretboard. Charvel USA guitar logo, ebony, offset pearl dots, Duncan JB hum and a Duncan single coil. I have a '91 import in surf green as well, and have seen some of the older ones go for more than this one. I say bargain...what do ya'll think? [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Surf\'s Up, dudes!!

you're weird and that guitar is weird. The way they put the old-school logo on freaks me out. I bet it is nice. I would say it's a bargain, except for the fact that it had to be listed multiple times, so one man's bargains are another man's shit bags.

You can thank me later for the kind words [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The Green Machine thanks you for your kind words.
      [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Such a little nut...

Comment

Wow, I really like that dark green!! Kick ass!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by L:
            you're weird and that guitar is weird. The way they put the old-school logo on freaks me out. I bet it is nice. I would say it's a bargain, except for the fact that it had to be listed multiple times, so one man's bargains are another man's shit bags.

You can thank me later for the kind words [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by surfdork:
              I guess it was made for some cat in Ministry.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Al Jorgensen? Or did they have another guitarist?

Anyway, cool guitar, dude. I like the color. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

It is a bit strange, but it is a Charvel, after all. How does it play, man?

Comment

No offense but... [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                  But hey, we all like different stuff! I think you got a good price though.

Comment

Gumby?

not something I'd own, but cool nonetheless. Congrats!
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I dig it. If you ever want to sell it, give me a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantBaba:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by surfdork:
                        I guess it was made for some cat in Ministry.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Al Jorgensen? Or did they have another guitarist?

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mike Scaccia from Rigor Mortis and Louis Svitek (M.O.D.) have also played guitar in Ministry in the past.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i like it - i think a lipstick pickup and a mirrored guard would be really cool on that.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

That is weird but that's what makes it cool. In defense of the "multiple listings" the guy started at an outrageous price and gradually came down to reality. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Neck through USA Charvels are ultra rare. Great score on a killer axe!
                              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                              Gotta get away from here.
                              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                              X