Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's YOUR favorite pick-up manufacturer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's YOUR favorite pick-up manufacturer???

What pick-ups do you prefer in your Jackson's & Charvel's (see poll below...)??? It seems like most Jackson/Charvel fans usually put Duncan's or EMG's in their guitar's, while Ibanez players usually put in Dimarzio's??? Is it because Dimarzio is better suited for basswood guitars, which Ibanez is mostly known for??? Also, I have a JDR-94 Concept "Jackson Dinky Reverse" (hence...JDR [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]), and I'm wondering whether the body is basswood or something else??? And one more question, how is the Tone Zone/Air Norton combo??? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img].

Please state WHY the manufacturer YOU'VE chosen is your favorite... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    EMG's & Duncan's
    0%
    Seymour Duncan
    0%
    EMG
    0%
    Dimarzio
    0%
    All of them, depending on the guitar
    0%
    I have NO idea!!!
    0%
    I prefer another manufacturer...
    0%

Re: What\'s YOUR favorite pick-up manufacturer???

actives: EMG 81s
    passives: Dimarzio Evolutions
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

The EMG is my favorite Bridge pickup, and I only use the bridge pickup. Jack.

Comment

Adder Plus.

Psstt...You EMG guys have no idea what you're missing!
        "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

i picked Seymour Duncan......BUT .....I actually prefer the made in USA Jackson pickups found in the Model series Charvels ...particularly the J-95
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Duncans are in my RR5 and I like em so far. That's my only reason for my pick.

Comment

EMG 85s are the only pickups I'll retrofit, but I won't change Duncan JBs if they're already there.....never got on with 81s - they sound 'dead' to my ears.
              Cheers
              Ian
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I prefer DiMarzio's. don't know why, most likely some stupid psychologic preference for those PUs, but I am going to replace some EMGs for DiMarzio's, those sound way better to my ears

I have heared some great things about the tonezone/air norton combo. the air norton is a great PU, that's beyond any doubt. the tonezone is not yet one of the PUs I have tried.

harrald

Comment

Rio Grande.

Comment

I picked Dimarzio. Dimarzio pups seem to have the extra edge I like and really jump out at you more. They are well suited to super strat type guitars, which are my favorite. I would say Duncans seem to be the best for set neck guitars, however.

EMGs are fantastic for crushing sounds but simply don't clean up as well IMO.

Comment

I like Dimarzio.
                      Some guitars seem to soud better with Duncan or EMG.
                      It all depends what I want with the guitars I use.
                      I like them all.
                      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes, the EMG 85 is the ****, but a close second it the Rio grande BQQ Bucker, very nice for heavy rythym. Jack.

Comment

seymour duncans-early ones

Comment

+1 for EMG 85, I'm a metal head.....so sue me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I've been told that Mastertone pickups are the shizznity, all the power of EMG's with the punch and feel of a passive.

Comment

I prefer DiMarzios or EMG. Duncans and Carvin are cool, too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X