Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's YOUR favorite pick-up manufacturer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What\'s YOUR favorite pick-up manufacturer???

EMG,,cause of the attack and tightness, when I'm chunkin. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Depends on the guitar and what sound I'm looking for... EMG's or Duncans...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Depends on the guitar and what sound I'm looking for... EMG's or Duncans...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I like all 3 kinds plus others like Kent Armstrong pickups.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Dimarzio. why? because i've tried out Ibanez Jems,i really liked the Dimarzios that come with the Jems and i have an X2N in my RR. The X2N is the best pickup i've ever bought, it blew away the duncan designed humbuckers.
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            It seems like most Jackson/Charvel fans usually put Duncan's or EMG's in their guitar's, while Ibanez players usually put in Dimarzio's??? Is it because Dimarzio is better suited for basswood guitars, which Ibanez is mostly known for???

[/ QUOTE ]
            I think it's more a case of most people generally being happy with the pickups that came in their guitars, and better Jacksons come standard with Seymours (and EMGs in the DK1) while better Ibanezes come standard with Dimarzios. Someone with one of the cheaper entry level guitar, looking up longingly at the fancy top-of-the-line models, might upgrade their guitar by putting in the same pickup that come in one of the nicer (& more expensive) guitars from the same manufacturer. For example, put a Duncan JB/59 set in your JS1 and it will be EXACTLY like the much more expensive SL2H (apart from the build quality, materials used, construction method, fittings, appointments, etc etc.) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I have an old Ultrasonic on my Model 6 and I keep going back to her..... Wish they still made them. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I had to choose "NO idea" because I have two favorites that I can't choose between. I really like DiMarzio's but I also really dig Lindy Fralin's pickups, too. The DiMarzio's are great for the hot rock guitar-type tones though they do a great job with some of their mellower designs, too. Lindy Fralin, on the other hand, does a spectacular job winding pickups for a more vintage-styled tone. I have Lindy's pickups in my Grosh and my Valley Arts and they sound fantastic. I even got a specially-wound humubucker from him for the Valley Arts that is really smooth sounding.

So I can't pick just one pickup manufacturer. And I guess I even need to add that I really like the 'buckers in my McCarty, so PRS does a great job, too, on pickup designs.
                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Du! Du! Du! DUNCANS of course!
                  I swear by the TB Distortion model, followed by the standard Dist model...but most of you old-timers here already know that! Especially if you've bought a guitar from me! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I deperately want to try a SD EVH in my SLATQH bridge. Who has one in theirs, where can I get one, and what is the best price somebody has seen for one?

Comment

I like both Dimarzios and Duncans and change quite frequently. I like the Dimarzio Super Distortion, PAF, Super 3. Duncan JB, Custom-Custom, Distortion, Jazz, Screamin Demon etc..

I don't do EMG's or care for them much at all
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I just can't seem to find a Duncan that I like. I guess I'm just a ToneZone PAFPro kind of guy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jason

Comment

JB/JAZZ VOL/VOL TAPPED
                          www.kiddhavok.com
                          www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Hey, YOU guys forgot to answer my question about the JDR-94!!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

For aftermarket Duncan is tops. I like EMG's at times too.

Comment

Seymour Duncan. I use the TB-6 in my Charvels.

Comment

Working...
                                X