Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's YOUR favorite pick-up manufacturer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What\'s YOUR favorite pick-up manufacturer???

I prefer Shadow Pickups since you decide their own sound. Kinda your signature pickup.

Highly recommended

Comment

Hey this is strange. It will not take my vote, because it says they already have a vote registered to this IP address. Except I have not vote on this poll before. I also use Dial-up so I thought the IP address changed each time you log on. Anyway...

I prefer Duncan & EMG pickups. So that would be my vote.
      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I like DiMarzios.

It matters not what the body is made out of, just what sound you are looking for.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Someone with one of the cheaper entry level guitar, looking up longingly at the fancy top-of-the-line models, might upgrade their guitar by putting in the same pickup that come in one of the nicer (& more expensive) guitars from the same manufacturer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true, that's how I decided on my first aftermarket pickup for my Yamaha... by looking at what they intsall in the higher end models. So I got a DiMarzio Air Classic [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

Bare Knuckle WarPig humbuckers

Comment

I like Seymour Duncans. I use a Distortion, and a Jazz combo. It just sounds good for me. Good low end, good high end, good mids, loads of gain, cleans up half decently.

I also enjoy Joe Barden Humbuckers, Bill Lawrence had wound a pickup for a friend of mine, an XL 500 that he put into his Washburn Nuno model.. It smoked, but I bought the same XL 500 from Bill and it sounded a bit different, so we swapped out the pickups from my buds and mine, and his was definately one of those, everything fell right together pickups, because it just sounded more alive than the one I bought.

So Seymour, Joe Barden, Bill Lawrence (only that model). I do not like Dimarzio too much at all.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I like Seymour Duncans. I use a Distortion, and a Jazz combo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just installed the exact same setup in my Model 1A and it completely rips.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

What do the Evolution, PAF Pro, and Super Distortion pickups sound like???

Comment

I chose All Brands because I do own a few examples of each in various guitars (Mostly Duncans though). For my next guitar (after the 25th Aniversary Charvel of course!!) I'm going to install a Bareknuckle Miracle Man. I know Tim Mills who makes them and he has built me a covered MM with a custom Camo finish!! It looks fantastic aswell. I've fitted loads of them at work recently to my customers guitars and they sound awesome!!!! Believe me, check them out.
                    Steve

Comment

seymour duncans

Comment

Currently it's EMG's and Dimarzio's for passive (X2N's). I'm hoping to pickup some APC Persuader's in the next month to try out....

- Joel
                        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                        RIP Dime

Comment

Where can you find a price list for the APC Persuader? The website hasnt changed in 3 years and there are a bunch of dead links. I couldn't even email the guy when I tried a few years ago. How is this guy staying in business if he can't be reached?

Comment

Working...
                          X