Thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks!

This is only my second post, but I would like to thank the Forum members for the all the great information provided here. Reading through the various Forum discussions has renewed my interest in playing my Charvel which had not been getting much attention in previous years.

This Forum has also caused me to want to buy an RR1T. Unfortunately, I can't find anyplace in my vicinity (I live in Northeast Jersey) that has one, new or used, to try out. Although I'm pretty sure that I would be happy with an RR1T if I ordered a new one from Easton Guitars, I am hesitant to fork over a good amount of money for a guitar that I haven't played. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Thanks!

Road Trip!!

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. You could always send it back, and come on, ITS JACKSON! Just make sure it is not a floor model IMO.

And I agree, everyone on this forum rocks!

Comment

I'm 99.9% sure that I would love the guitar. I would just like to see some RR's firsthand so that I could get a better idea of what some of the finishes really look like instead of just looking at pictures on the net.

Comment

Where in NJ are you? I'm in Sayreville, and the Guitar Center in East Brunswick usually has some nice Rhoads models, even some Custom Shops once in awhile (though, their prices are usually through the roof and I wouldn't buy one from them). There's other GCs up north and around the state, I'm sure someone should have some kind of Rhoads for you to try out.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

As a lefty I've been exactly where your at. My new lefty SL2H was the first guitar I ever bought without trying it first. I was not disappointed. You cant go wrong with a Jackson IMO. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

toejam - I live in Bergen County, so Sayreville is about 45 minutes away. If nothing shows up around here soon, I'll take a ride. I did try calling GC and Sam Ash around here and they were going to check their nationwide networks and get back to me. That was a couple of months ago and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm getting desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by 86mod5:
                toejam - I live in Bergen County, so Sayreville is about 45 minutes away. If nothing shows up around here soon, I'll take a ride. I did try calling GC and Sam Ash around here and they were going to check their nationwide networks and get back to me. That was a couple of months ago and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm getting desperate.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am in Bergen County too! Welcome. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I just got rid of my RR1T, otherwise I would have let you check it out.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I bought my Rhoads online without ever trying one and it was the best thing i ever did,so just go for it dude and by the way welcome

Comment

Thanks for the advice and the welcome. Any suggestions on where to order an RR1T or is Easton the way to go?

Comment

Easton is ALWAYS the way to go when in doubt!

Welcome fellow Jersey JCF'er...I'm in Piscataway! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Parsippany NJ here....

BTW the Guitar Center in Totowa is a joke...

Comment

I agree with you Alex. It's just that it seems like there aren't too many choices when looking to try something out.

Comment

Wow, quite a few NJ people in this thread. I'm in Bloomfield. Totowa is worth a look once in a while. I bought a Charvel Model 6 there 4 weeks ago (that I unfortunately had to get rid of already to help pay off a MASSIVE G.A.S. attack) and 2 weeks ago there was a 2003 snakeskin graphic USA King V [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] that was traded in and purchased immediately by the guitar mgr (good guy who is a friend).

Hey, maybe we can have an NJ JCF Jam! Looks like there's 5 people within 45 minutes of eachother.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

A JCF jam sounds like a great idea. I'd be up for that. Any excuse to get together and play. Jam sessions are few and far between these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X