who want's to drool - round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who want's to drool - round 2

I've got more from the Jackson rep. Check these gorgeous babes out.

Re: who want\'s to drool - round 2

Oh... custom spalted maple SLS with EMG's. Nice!

Comment

I love the natural finish SL2HT, but is there a black stoptail for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Miffy rules:
        I love the natural finish SL2HT, but is there a black stoptail for it?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] There's no stoptail on it at all. It's a TOM bridge that's strung through the body.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Gotta love that Charvel neck... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] ...

Comment

Ooops that's what I meant. Excuse me for I don't speak English. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

No drool found.... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What are the necks like on the SLS guitars?

Comment

I'm really starting to dig those Charvel reissues! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Love the Charvel, not crazy about the gold trim. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Powell:
                      Love the Charvel, not crazy about the gold trim. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Until you said something I didnt notice, but the gold trim doesnt look good on a light color. I totally agree.

Comment

originally posted by Gary Powell: Love the Charvel, not crazy about the gold trim.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Definitely agree!

Comment

MOP dots on maple? [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Looks like jizz [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Should be ebony [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Dude's I did a head to head comparison of the 25 anno. Charvel, My GMW hotrodflames charvel copy, and a fender custom shop archtop strat. Hmm, start w/ price. $3k for the Charvel, $1200 for the GMW, maybe 1500 for the Fender if you can haggle or Musician's Friend clearance center is up in margin, maybe less (that's where I played these guitars, My friend is a mgr. there and let me check it out knowing I'll probably buy it. Anyway, the 25 anno. has a laquered headstock face and an oil finish neck, kinda not right in my mind, but a small thing. Is it a good guitar yes, does it play better than my GMW? NO WAY, let me be as unequivocal as I can. NO WAY at all. It's gotta birdseye neck, which looks cool, but are known to not be all that stable. In fact that's why i mentioned the Fender. The necks are the same, only, I mean ONLY, categorically speaking, difference being the decals on the headstock. It's a great guitar no doubt, but it's really the same as the Fender in terms of quality and it's twice the price. I don't know about you guys, but that just seems wrong. Back in the day (tired phrase I know, but it applies in my case) you could have this guitar built by charvel for the price of the GMW (gee, those who know the rundown on GMW know how close you are to going back 25 years) I think Fender would sell tons of these if they'd make them less pricy. There's just not enough going on here to justify 3k. Just my opinion.

Comment

that spalted SLS is really awesome, I have never seen a spalted maple top jackson before and it is really gorgeous!

Harrald

Comment

Working...
                              X