Scott Ian no longer using Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Ian no longer using Jackson?

in there new video he is playing a Washburn Idol, this makes sense since he uses Randall amps ( same company) ... I guess money talks.

Re: Scott Ian no longer using Jackson?

thats weird, especially since he's had such lineage with jackson over the years. why would he suddenly change?

unless he pulled a mustaine [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

$$$$$$

Comment

[img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

Gosh, letsee here...who told you guys about this about TEN MONTHS AGO and everybody shot it down???????

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...c;f=6;t=000242

Line forms right back there, kiddies.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch:
            like a midget guitar, and since Scott is so tiny it works for him. On me it looks like I'm holding a damn toy!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Same same
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

from a hXc kid standpoint, they should've recuited bands like Bleeding Through, some of the up and coming acts in the hardcore community. I think Bleeding Through is even doing Ozzfest this year. one of their guitarists used to use a Soloist, but alas.

they were picked up by ESP, like many other ex-jackson players...

Comment

Yo Seventh Avenged, I was bothering some of the Fender guys here for awhile about Bleeding Through, but I think I was too late...Scott from BT used to play a Soloist Pro from the early 90s, Chris played a left-handed Charvel 470 too. I figured it would be perfect because their bass player Ryan used a Fender too...but now they're all using ESP. They sure can tear them up though!

Comment

He probably got dropped, like all the other endorsers did, and went somewhere that was interested in having him.

Seriously.

Mike
                  Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

FMIC definitely needs to get some highly visible, well known players up on stage with Jacksons and Charvels! There are plenty of new bands out there to choose from that would be happy to have an endorsement deal!

Matt
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

It's sucks that Scott is no longer with Jackson but playing the Washburn Idol is a good move for him. You ever play one of those things? It's little, like a midget guitar, and since Scott is so tiny it works for him. On me it looks like I'm holding a damn toy!
                      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I absolutely love Anthrax. That being said, they are no longer a high profile band, and have been reduced to 30 minute opening slots for bigger names or playing smaller venues. I wish they had made it bigger, but it just didn't happen. To put a final nail in the coffin, Frankie Bello just left the band... I think that should be their death rattle, though it probably won't be. Scott Ian may have been a long time Jackson endorser, but he simply wasn't selling their guitars for them. So Jackson probably was only willing to throw him one free guitar a year, same deal as Mustaine. Washburn/Randall will probably give him as many as he wants and pay him to play them! I would make the switch too, and play my Jacksons in the studio!

Comment

One free guitar a year, and they split? Do these guys NOT make money? I mean, seriously, haven't they heard of Ebay?

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I stopped listening to 'Thrax after Belladonna left. Bush is a great singer but just doesn't fit that band at all IMO and the stuff he did with them sucks IMO.

Comment

They don't make the money they made in their heydey, and have wives, kids and houses to pay for, so if they can get paid and get lots of free gear, as opposed to one free guitar and no money,
                              it's not surprising he'd take the $, especially since he already uses Randall
                              amps anyway. Washburn makes nice guitars
                              so it's not like he's playing a Paul Stanley Silvertone. It's not a Jackson but Scott Ian doesn't really need one for his stuff.

I didn't doubt ya Chuck! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X