Jackson identification help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson identification help

Hi there. I know you guys get loads of these, but I require some help. All of these facts are true, checked and double checked

-Soloist body
    -Neck thru
    -Ebony fretboard
    -Full neck/headstock binding
    -real MOP sharkfins
    -H/S/S
    -Floyd
    Sounds like your adverage SL2, right?
    Logo-now here is where I'm confused. it's not pearl, and it does not say made in usa. It is the script/toothpaste logo, but again, no pearl and no usa. Anyone know?

Re: Jackson identification help

Does it say "Professional" in script after the Jackson script? If so: Soloist PRO. Made in Japan 1990-1993. Nice axe, I'm looking for one myself.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for the quick response bro!

I have two charvel 475's...love the quality of both. one more question-the floyd that was put on these soloist pro's...schaller? or the 500?

Comment

No..in fact it does not. Just jackson. thought it odd myself. also has a custom finish(looks like a GMW from the quality and detail), which could be aftermarket.

Comment

Hmmm, weird, the specs match the PRO except for that, and the logo on the Pro is pearl. Hmmmm. Well, at least you valued my quick answer.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ April 12, 2004, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: RacerX ]

Comment

I most certainly did Sir, just the Jackson logo, no "Professional" anywhere on it. So am I dealing with a copy?

Comment

Probably not a copy. The modern Jackson Soloist Pro lacks the "Professional" doesn't it, guys? Why not post a pic and a serial number. Neck throughs are not really faked unless they're obvious.
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

The serial number will help alot. There are also examples of guitars that lack "Made in USA" on the heads from most eras.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                  The modern Jackson Soloist Pro lacks the "Professional" doesn't it, guys?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, but they have non-bound rosewood fretboards, Joe. SL3 & SL4.

Comment

You're right, Ron. Well, the serial number then will be the deciding factor.
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Well, I will not post photos or anything as this is a particular guitar I am thinking of buying, and with certain information it might be stolen from under me before funds come in. But thanks for the help guys. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
                        The serial number will help alot. There are also examples of guitars that lack "Made in USA" on the heads from most eras.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah: And without the "Professional" its seems non Jap. I'm thinking an earlier USA Soloist. A slim possible is a Jap Soloist with modded and/or repaired headstock.

(taps feet, waits for DF to go check the S/N)

Yo, it's stamped on the fretboard just below the 24th fret. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't have the S/N at this time,but I got the information I needed. thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by Deicidefaith:
                            Well, I will not post photos or anything as this is a particular guitar I am thinking of buying, and with certain information it might be stolen from under me before funds come in.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You paranoid bastid! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey bro, i've had 2 instances where I've posted too much info on a guitar(other unnamed forums), only to find it was gone the next day, and in the hands of a forumite a few days later. You know as well as I do that there are no guarantees when it comes to buying guitars online.

Comment

Working...
                              X