J/C Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J/C Identification

First of all I would like to thank everyone for all their help and knowledge they have shared in this forum. It would be impossible to find this information any place else but the JCF.

Seems to me that many of us are at a loose when it comes to identifying our import guitars whether they be Charvels or Jacksons. Identifying our guitars seems to be the number one request in the import areas of this forum. As far as Charvels go I realize the logo and pickup configuration play a big part in identifying the model. With the Jackson’s pickup configuration comes into play again. Also there are different arrays of serial number for the Jackson imports.

I was wondering if it was feasible for the two import sections to have a thread that covers basic identification specs, maybe just some basic rules to go by. I talked to Kevin a while back and we got on the topic of the old Jackson website info pages they had started on and he told me that it was huge amount of data. I don’t recall the exact amount but I if my memory is correct it was in the gigabytes.

I hope I am not shooting myself in the foot by bringing this up. I would hate to miss out on photos of everyone’s latest find and the chance to test my knowledge and learn how you guys go about figuring these things out.

Scotty
    Just one more guitar!

Re: J/C Identification

I'm working on the "Mother of All Info Pages". It will be released soon. It will be an updated version of the original that was on the Mothership back in the day.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Todd,

Do we have a timeframe for this yet?
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Not yet. I ran into a snag possibly regarding the version of software.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Can we also have a rule saying you have to spell Randy's name right? Or the thread gets deleted! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

TEKKY, You da man! I know I could use the MOAIP. I've been reading hundreds of posts and scouring the web for info on various J/C guitars and it gets more confusing than clear. I want to start buying and selling guitars as a hobby and I want to know what I'm buying and to be honest to any buyers in the future.

Your efforts are greatly appreciated!
            [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

What application is giving you the a problem?
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Coding for php.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Thats what I thought you would say. So whats up? Windows or Linux?
                  Just one more guitar!

Comment

Windows. A variable issue.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                    X