Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your first Jackson experience

That Rhoads sat around for 5 years?? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My first expirience was at local store import Jackson DK2, after couple months i got call that they got a new stock of Jacksons, went there and played many but my wallet was quite thin at that moment, so i grapped new Jackson DKMG in 01 and sold it in 03. Now iv got the real thing USA Jackson DK1 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers!

Comment

When i saw pix of randy rhoades w/his guitars back in the day I thought thats the axe for me. For many years i played a Kramer Rhoades copy then in the early 90's I decided to get away from those "pointy" guitars and got an L.P. but i missed my V from the start for some reason i feel inspired to play on that kind of guitar now I have a RR-5 and 2 B.C. rich axes so much for getting away from pointy guitars lol.

Comment

I'm with the popular concensus here. My first-ever Jackson sighting was Randy's back in the day.

I didn't however, buy my first Jackson until '91 (a spankin' new USA Fusion. I really wanted a Warrior, but couldn't afford one back then. The Warriors didn't come until '95 when I got my first one. It's been all downhill since then! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            That Rhoads sat around for 5 years?? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad, isn't it? And after the first three years went by, I started asking if they'd come down on the price. Not a chance. At $899, it would have been a good guitar, no doubt about it...but at $399 it's a fantastic guitar!
            sigpic

Comment

My first sighting of a Jackson must have been Gene Simmons' Axe Bass on the Animalize Video. Of course, on the same Video is Bruce Kulick with his Charvels. This, coupled with Jake E Lee's Charvels on the Ozzy Vid, particularly the Blue one, helped me choose a Cobalt Blue Model 3DR.
              The first Jackson that I played (which to me at the time was a dream come true at the age of 16!!) was a Double Cutaway model (Strat) in a multi-coloured sunrise graphic with matching Multi-Coloured logo and maple board with the last few frets scalloped. I havn't looked back since that fateful day!!!

Steve

Comment

Man, I can't wait until I get my JDR-94 Concept Dinky (Japanese)!!! Anyways, how is the JDR-94???

Comment

It was in 81 I was a punk kid who's mom & uncle dragged me to a concert for what ever reason, anyway he first played a Les Paul then this really big polka dot guitar then this sharp looking V shape guitar the singer kept jumping around like a Kangaroo screamming I LOVE YOU ALL! thats right my first Jackson experince & concert was Ozzy in 81. I love my mom for that every time I pick up my guitar!
                  According To The Prophecy

Comment

My first Jackson (OK..Charvel really)experience was EVH. Back in the late seventies, I was just learning how to play and taking lessons. I was into classic rock radio, which was a bit more diverse back then, but my favorite players were the typical guys like Page, Hendrix and Townshend. Then VHI came out....Totally blew me away. No one was doing that kind of thing back then. Totally agressive, over the top playing. I remember pouring over my friend's copy on the April 1980 issue of Guitar Player magazine w/ Eddie on the cover. Awesome!!!

Around this same time, I was a frequent browser at Gracins Music in Hempstead NY. Notice I said browser, not shopper. They would not let me play anything, since I was just a kid w/ no money. I loved going in there. I was there or at Sam Ash 3-4 times a week. While San Ash had more of selection, Gracins had these cool, very 'different' looking axes. A bunch of BC Rich's, high end Gibson's, and these crazy graphic, exotic wood strat-style axes called Charvels. I remember seeing EVHII graphic axes and all kinds of different graphics and sunbursts. I didn't even dare ask to play one, as these were $1000 axes back when Les Pauls were $500. I knew that some day I would own one... Then I started seeing them all over MTV....

My first really personal experience w/ Charvel was in college in 1984-85. I was going to Penn State and went to see a band called 'Harpo'. They played metal covers and a few originals; Incredible band! The singer played a RR, and the lead guitarist had a Zebra graphic SD Charvel. His name was John Hahn, he actually had a solo album on Mike Varney's Shrapnel label in 1990 or so. Anyway, that started my aggressive search for my own Charvel...but I still couldn't afford one! I came very close to buying a model 5 at a local music store, but it wasn't until 1992 that I bought my first Charvel, a red model 6.....

-Kenn

Comment

I wanted one badly when they first came out but couldn't afford one. Then (in about 1988) I found a sweet model 2 in a pawn shop for $300.00. I saw the Ft. Worth, TX USA on the neckplate and snagged it up before someone else did! I remember driving home chuckling to myself thinking what fools they were for selling a USA Charvel so cheap! Then I learned. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] It was still a nice guitar though, and since then I've owned nothing but Charvel/Jackson.
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                      X