EMG's Rock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG's Rock!

Just wanted to say that I am really diggin the EMG's in my 375 Dekuxe. It's got the older style SA-SA-85 setup and it is just sweet in this guitar. Rock on!

Re: EMG\'s Rock!

Rock out with your cock out brother.

Comment

Man I haven't heard that one since I was a kid. Now that I'm all grown up though I think I'll keep mine in, hehe [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

Comment

The 85 in the bridge is widely overlooked and definitely underrated. It's definitely my fav bridge pickup too!
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yeah man. I had an LP DC a while back that had a 60 in the neck and an 85 in the bridge and that guitar rocked too. I had forgotten about it and then this guitar came along and it already had the EMG's in it. I immediately thought..EMG's...this could be cool. Man was I right [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, with all this talk about having the 85 in the bridge position, I might swap around my 81/85 and see what I think. I don't think I have ever heard an 85 in the bridge before.

Matt

Comment

Wow... really? Definitely give it a try your next string change...

It just sounds much more darker, grittier, and more brutal.... it has more of a voice than the 81, which is really tonally flat (and one that I also love).
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Ya. Kinda strange I guess. I have probably played about 40 guitars with EMG's and they have all had an 81 in the bridge.

Matt

Comment

I did the switch and I still prefer the 81 in the bridge. I dunno.... the 85 in the bridge sounds really good...but I like it better in the neck. Maybe if I had another 85 to go in the neck it would change my opinion.

Comment

I feel the 85 has it all over the 81 in tone and crunch. I feel the 81 is kinda thin in most guitars. The 85 is just plain evil sounding [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I agree, the 81 in the bridge is a little thin sounding to me. The 85 seems to have a little more output and a much warmer sound!! Put 2 85's in and i'm sure you'll love it, I do.

Comment

I have 2 new Jacksons w/EMG's on the way. One is the "Lil Whitey" from Kevin E. (single hum EMG 81 DK2LE).

The other is a Chlorine Soloist SL2T 81/85 from Scott (Vwall Guitars). The cool thing is it's gonna be wired 18 volt synchronous (I think that's what it's called anyway) with dual battery boxs. I've never played an 18v EMG. I've heard it sounds killer. Can't wait! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

EMG 85!

Hang out with your wang out! (TY IIF [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] EMG 25th anniversary chrome dual 81 pickups [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

81 Bridge / 85 Neck for me ....can't beat it.
                              I have bought a butt load from Jake at Willoughby Music ...he has some of the best prices I have ever found.

Comment

Working...
                              X