Christian Olde Wolbers 7 string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Olde Wolbers 7 string

Ok, I think we've been in the dark on this guitar, found a whole thread on it over at the FF forum. It sounds killer.

I'll paste a few highlights from the thread, and here's a link.

7 string thread

"There will be 5 different colors:

Black w/ Chrome hardware
    Blue pearl red w/ black hardware
    Dessert Camo w/chrome hardware
    2 tone burst w/chrome hardware
    natural w/ black hardware

the models with the black hardware will feature black binding and black logo.
    the chrome haredware models will feature pearl binding and white or black logo.

the models will come with the foam piece above the nut just like Christian set his up on stage.

there is a favorite volume knob that Christian likes with extra grip for the ultimate volume handeling.

the model will be strung with Fender bullets nickelplated steels
    010-052

We also hope to have a lefty availble.
    --------

Also he has 2 new 7 string King V's comming for the Slipknot tour
    One all black on black
    and one blue/pearl red with black hardware.

Other specs are:
    reversed headstocks on all models
    pearl binding
    Archtop
    1 volume control
    1 707 -81 Emg pick up"

Re: Christian Olde Wolbers 7 string

Also, it will be a string thru, and will be out at summer NAMM.

Comment

Hmm. Well, I can always add another pickup. Desert Camo sounds cool...

Mike
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Desert camo with chrome? That's just stupid. Desert camo should have black hardware. Or, you know what would be really cool? Flat beige hardware to match the camo, and of course a matching headstock. Mmmmmm. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] That's got me thinking.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] THAT LOOKS SO SWEET!! i want one! will this be permanent usa model? or like a run of 10 or so custom shops? Any one thats gone from 6 to 7 string, was it hard?

Comment

Man, if it only had the SLS 4+3 headstock. The inline Jackson headstock looks just too long on a 7-string, IMO.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I dunno toe jam, i don't like reverse head stock, but thats just looks super sexy! the whole guitar is sexy!

Comment

Yeah, the guitar looks nice, and it would be fine with either the regular Jackson inline or reverse inline for a 6-string... I just think it looks a little too long for the 7-string version and that the 4+3 looks better. If someone bought me one, though, I probably wouldn't complain about it! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

hahha yup!! Well I think i'm gonna start saveing my pennies, maybe sell a kidney. How much do signature models go for compared to usa jackson?

Comment

The cost is roughly the same. The Y2KV and JJ were both signature models and priced the same as other USA Select guitars.

I hope they go through with an import version. I'm sooooo in on that. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thats awesome. Hhahha i've never been so giddy just buy looking at a guitar picture! am i the only one thats ever had this?!?! lol I want one!!!!

Comment

I have to agree that the 7-in-a-line headstocks are LONG! I always have to remember to leave extra room when playing in the practice room so I don't ding the headstock on my soloist.
                        I do like the look of the 4+3 headstocks that Matt Crooks and Mike Blevins have.
                        Either way, though - a production 7 is sah-weet! About time! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Dessert Camo w/chrome hardware
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">only us version right ? because i've heard rumors about a japanese line [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

desert camo [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Whats the foam bit all about? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Whats the foam bit all about?
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Muting strings above the nut.
                              You can do the same under the floyd rose , which is what many people do (not only foam , vai has his springs muted with some kind of toilet paper ? see @ jemsite.com)

dimebag does that too , even with his floyd rose nut.

Comment

Working...
                              X