Early 90’s Warriors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early 90’s Warriors?

Were all of the first run early 90’s Warriors made in Japan? Or are any of them U.S. made?

I just picked up a 1990 Warrior, basic black. Sounds like it is in good shape. It is being shipped today, as soon as I get it I will post pics.

It is serial # J0001xxx (don’t remember the exact last 3 digits). I believe this makes it an import?

Just wondering if the only 90's U.S. ones were custom shop orders, or if they did a U.S run?

Re: Early 90’s Warriors?

They did make a USA series Warrior in the 90's. That serial is definitely a import though. Still it's almost exact as the USA. They really made the early imports well.
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Both USA and Japanese made Warriors make up the original runs. Yours is Japanese based on the serial number, which actually only has six digits. The US run was originally a production run and any U0 serialized Warrior represents it. Custom Warriors will have a J prefix.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Correction, Joe - Custom neckthroughs will have a J followed by 4 numbers [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Jnnnnnn (J+6 numbers) are always Japanese. Unnnnn (U+5 numbers) are USA made.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Very wise Newc-San!
          You are fast becoming very knowledgable in all that is the Warrior! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Bringer of Chaos:
            Were all of the first run early 90’s Warriors made in Japan? Or are any of them U.S. made?

I just picked up a 1990 Warrior, basic black. Sounds like it is in good shape. It is being shipped today, as soon as I get it I will post pics.

It is serial # J0001xxx (don’t remember the exact last 3 digits). I believe this makes it an import?

Just wondering if the only 90's U.S. ones were custom shop orders, or if they did a U.S run?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very cool score Bringer....you outbid me on it!
            Glad I was beaten out for it though...I just had my LP Custom Lite offered back to me, and I couldn't do both guitars. Enjoy the Warrior when you get it man..they are killer axes!!

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorX7:
              Very wise Newc-San!
              You are fast becoming very knowledgable in all that is the Warrior! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah, what can I say - I LOVE these things [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

One day I'll be a Warrior Pro like you [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Hey Warrior X7, actually my wife out bid you! I was at an all day off-site meeting and couldn’t bid. So I made her bid for me, which wasn’t easy as she is getting “tired” of all the guitars. Sorry to snipe you at the last minute like that. I never thought it would go for that low. I usually don’t see them below $800 or so. It is coming from Canada, so we will see if it makes it here in one piece.

I am just biding my time until I can see a new Warrior with the Graveyard paint scheme to determine if I want to order one or not. I was pissed to find out that the new ones won’t have the oiled speed neck. I really want a new WR, graveyard paint and an oiled neck. Oh well.

Comment

Newc, I didn't say the customs had six digits, I said they were prefaced with a "J". What I did say is true, the imports had a J with actually six digits, he thought it had seven. I own J6490, the "Shitload of Skulls" Warrior so I'm well versed in the USA Customs, thankyou, sir.

Comment

WOW [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] can I buy, the "Shitload of Skulls" Warrior from you? Is that the one on the Jackson site in the custom shop pics? That is AWESOME!

Comment

Shitload of Skulls:

Matter of fact, I would sell it if the price was right. Drop me an email.

Joe
                      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                        Newc, I didn't say the customs had six digits, I said they were prefaced with a "J". What I did say is true, the imports had a J with actually six digits, he thought it had seven. I own J6490, the "Shitload of Skulls" Warrior so I'm well versed in the USA Customs, thankyou, sir.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm well-versed in your well-versed-ness, sir [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                        However, I was merely pointing out that you left an opportunity for confusion for the newbies that might happen by when you said "Custom Warriors will have a J prefix" instead of "Custom Warriors will have a J prefix followed by 4 numbers" - Japanese have a J prefix as well [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                        [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

It's all good, Newc. No harm, no foul. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X