Jackson DKMG and Jackson DK2 neck....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DKMG and Jackson DK2 neck....

Hello everyone. I was wondering... does the Jackson DKMG and the DK2 have the same neck profiles? I'm not talking about the material, but the dimensions, the feel, and the playability. The Jackson site says they are the same. However, I have been quite uncertain about what those specs mean. So you guys have anything to tell me about these necks. I would love to get an opinion of a player who played them both. Thanks in advance!

Re: Jackson DKMG and Jackson DK2 neck....

Anyone? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I think they are pretty much the same though I never measured. I have a DK-2 body and a DKMG neck on it, if that is the one with the reversed headstock and Piranha inlays. Fit no problem and I noticed little to no difference in feel of the neck over the DK-2 neck.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks Shawn. Have you ever played the ORIGINAL DK2 neck? If so, then when you say that they are the same, is that because of playing them, or them being swapped on each other? Thanks!

Comment

yeah...basically what I did was bought a DKMG neck on eBay to replace it on my DK2. I just wanted a different look, sold the original DK2 neck on eBay shortly after.

This the original guitar before the swap

Sorry I don't have any after pictures of it or the other 1/2 dozen guitars I aquired..I really gotta take some pics [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks for the info and picture Shawn. Those aren't stock knobs, are they? Plus, I was hoping that the DK2's neck was gonna be thinner than the DKMG. How do you like the necks? Are they thin? Comfortable? Do you shred? If so, how do you find the DK2 necks? Thanks again!

Comment

I like the DK necks...I like fatter necks but it is quite comfortable to play...not too thick and not too thin. Nope, those are strat knobs and not stock...the only thing today stock on that guitar now is the middle pickup.

As far as shred goes I don't know what it is anymore [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] listen to a some mp3's and tell me if I shred or not [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

My OnlineRock page
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hey Shawn. Thanks for your view once again! I knew those knobs were different. As for your shredding, come on man, if you TRIED to play fast, then you know what shred [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . Fine let me rephrase my question, is the DK2 thin enough to shred on? Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                X