SLSMG Flametop MF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLSMG Flametop MF

Anybody have one of these from Musician's Friend? After playing a few SL-2's today, I am about 5 seconds away from pulling the trigger on the WIne Red SLSMG flamer for $799. Mahogony w/maple and ebony sounds real nice to me. What do you all think? Anything I should know about these axes bafore I pounce?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/511502/

Thanks,
    Frank

Re: SLSMG Flametop MF

There are a ton of threads about these in the Jackson import sec.
    Everybody seems to like them except for the weird fact that the ebony boards seem really glass like.
    I'm thinking about getting the black one, since they're $699 right now.

Brian

Comment

I got one of these from M.F. 3 months ago.. a red flame top. not a bad guitar but it had a warped neck so i opted to send it back and get a violin brown version of the same guitar here's what followed: the first one they sent me had a badly warped neck, the second one had a cracked neck, the third one had a warped neck and the bridge couldnt be adjusted, the forth one had a crack on the tip of the headstock, the fifth one (yes 5!!!!)they sent me is sitting in its box waiting to go back because it had been opened and has scratches on the back of the guitar. I finally said screw it and bought this from Easton Guitars http://webpages.charter.net/mgun/SLS-BCSBa.jpg Its my first USA jackson and the next 3 months will go by sooo slow.

Comment

Well I hope yours is an isolated story because I just pulled the trigger on one. We'll see. Gotta love that 45 day return policy at MF [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I hope you get a good one Frank. Let me know how yours turns out. I will tell you one thing that all five had in common. Because of the neck angle the bridge sat very high making it impossible to get the bridge pickup anywhere near the strings to have good gain. Good luck.

Comment

Well, it'll be here soon enough and then we'll see. Honestly, besides a few folks not liking the EMG HZ pickups, you are the only guy I have ever heard say anything bad about them.

Comment

Originally posted by VanOsbourne:
              I got one of these from M.F. 3 months ago.. a red flame top. not a bad guitar but it had a warped neck so i opted to send it back and get a violin brown version of the same guitar here's what followed: the first one they sent me had a badly warped neck, the second one had a cracked neck, the third one had a warped neck and the bridge couldnt be adjusted, the forth one had a crack on the tip of the headstock, the fifth one (yes 5!!!!)they sent me is sitting in its box waiting to go back because it had been opened and has scratches on the back of the guitar. I finally said screw it and bought this from Easton Guitars http://webpages.charter.net/mgun/SLS-BCSBa.jpg Its my first USA jackson and the next 3 months will go by sooo slow.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Could be that I was just getting somebody else's problem guitars. I know most of the inside packaging was already opened on a few of these. I have talked to other people who have bought these through a store and love em. Also a factor could be that I live way up north and was getting these shipped during winter. Either way I still wanna know what happens with yours. What color did you get?

Comment

Wine Red Flametop. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by VanOsbourne:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm glad I'm not the only who's had this kind of problem with MF before. I got like 3 or 4 in a row (of a different import model) that had some kind of blemishes... I finally just gave up.

Comment

Not to mention that thier customer support employee's probably couldnt get past the $1000 question on "who wants to be a millionair"

Comment

Well as soon as you send one back to MF do you really think they get rid of the guitar?? I doubt it...they probably just repack it and send it off to the next person that orders it. It's the same 4-5 guitars going out to everyone I would imagine so everyone gets a shitty guitar. Order from a different vendor....

Comment

I've got one and I am really happy with it. After a while the fretboard gets nicely worn in so its not glossy.

The stock pickups suck but other then that its fantastic.

Comment

the ebony fretboards on these slsmg have glossy finishes??

Comment

Yes Diospada, they are kinda glossy. Almost plastic like. Felt wierd.

Comment

Working...
                              X