• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Used Guitars/Germ Problem

well this one time i picked up my guitar and BAAAAM
    herpes!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    Now that was fuckin funny!!!!!

My girlfriend is always worried about germs... Me I could care less. I hardly ever get sick. The more your body gets used to germs, the stronger your immune system becomes.

Comment

Originally posted by chris_olson:
      Now put on your surical mask, nitrile gloves, and go step into your bubble and play a little.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The germs you are introduced to by playing other guitars are building up your immunities. If you don't start letting people play your guitar, YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!!! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Trypp Powell:
          Who is Dross?

I finally decided to purchase two used instruments (a Model 6 and what looks to be a parts mutt Kramer) from the pawn shop across from my business. After giving each instrument a full scrub down, I should be able to live with them.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You know dude, I think you're right, this could be EXTREMELY dangerous!! Since I have experience working in quarantine, I think you'd better send me the Model 6 right away so I can decontaminate it properly for you.

Of course the procedure takes about 30 years..... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

In all seriousness, if you had seen the funk on these two guitars, you would have wondered as well.

Still, I picked them up for next to nothing and have made a guy who was late for work today do the cleaning.

Comment

Five Hundred for both guitars and two magazines for a Ruger Mini-14.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceace:
                Hmmmm....

We bought a used Jackson Dinky HX a couple of weeks ago....maybe I should have asked where it had been . [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Mrs Spaceace
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, I only licked that fingerboard every time I played it! Every time I mastered a song... well, you don't want to know what I did to it then! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by CZ V-KNIGHT:
                  Clean fretboar, frets, everithing you consider important with alcohol.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Alocohol doesn't kill germs anyway, so all that'll do is make your fingerboard dry. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">but if your guitars are covered in liver, or brain cells, it's just the thing </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL Good point! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

So I've heard! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Maybe that's why I wear glasses?!? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey, I only licked that fingerboard every time I played it! Every time I mastered a song... well, you don't want to know what I did to it then!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] You know you can go blind from that !

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-Robin

Comment

Working...
                      X