Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought Charvel now what...Seeking answers

Hi guys!
    Nice forum just to start with and i am shore u guys are help me with those answers i seek!
    Just to start with I am swedish so forgive my bad english plz. Reason why i became member is simple. Good place , nice folks (as allways when music is an issue) and I got one major question i seek answer for.
    Recently i bought my 4th or 5th guitar and now I would like to know a lil bit about it. Its a red Charvel with binded neck through, red colour, humbucker/single/single pickups by jackson(i think), volume,tone and 3 switches for different combinations of pickup setings, 24 fret and the head is not as they are now (strat alike) but its like jacksons head is. I know that the best way to find out is to ask manufacturer but guess what they dont have any suport or contact on their site (isnt that so strange) Or it means our guitars are so good you´ll never have to contact us once u buy it and when you have one of our axes so we wont help you find out what it is by the serial you have stamped on the back of your axe head
    Any way if any of you guys know how to get any information about what it is and when and where that charvel is crafted or what pups those are plz answer me cuz i am curious Wanna know about what i posses I love this guitar
    BTW serial of this guitar is C611748 I am greatfull of any info you can provide me with
    TNX

Ps. I hope you understand what i was asking about due to my bad english

Re: I bought Charvel now what...Seeking answers

Any pix?

Comment

sounds like an '86 Model 6
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Probably a 1986 Charvel Model 6 from your description. Has it a Kahler trem and sharkfin inlays with the binding, and the guitar-shaped logo as opposed to the script logo that looks like a Jackson logo? If so, with what you've already said it's a Model 6.
        If the electronics are original, then the "single coil" pickups are really stacked humbuckers, and it has a battery-powered midboost system as well. Those are great guitars, equivalent to a USA Soloist of the day in construction, fit and finish, but a rosewood fretboard rather than ebony for the Soloists. Congratulations!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

It has guitar logo shark inlays and its german lic floydrose thats what i can tell Its red, great condition (some small dings U see them if u really look for em)Its jacksson tuners (thats whats written on em) Unfortunatley single single pups arent battery driven and pics are comming soon. I am happy about it as i mentioned It sounds like sweetest melody Yet i owned 6 guitars before this one and one epiphone zakk wylde currently. I love em both and they both sound cool
          Price payed 350$

Comment

Oh yeah, the "6" starting the serial# indicates 1986, and the Charvel Model Series were all made in Japan, though the ones with bolt-on necks have neckplates that say "Ft. Worth, Texas". That's just where the J/C HQ was in those years; the Charvels were all built in Japan then.

The serial # on the vback of the headstock also indicates 1986. In 1987 and later, they were stamped in the fretboard after the 24th fret.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

strange that it has a schaller floyd, which is aftermarket. it should have had a kahler pro if it is made back in '86...

Harrald

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Probably a 1986 Charvel Model 6 from your description. Has it a Kahler trem and sharkfin inlays with the binding, and the guitar-shaped logo as opposed to the script logo that looks like a Jackson logo? If so, with what you've already said it's a Model 6.
                If the electronics are original, then the "single coil" pickups are really stacked humbuckers, and it has a battery-powered midboost system as well. Those are great guitars, equivalent to a USA Soloist of the day in construction, fit and finish, but a rosewood fretboard rather than ebony for the Soloists. Congratulations!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI - He mentioned the three toggle switches which is an instant indication of either the Model 6 or 4. (he mentioned neck-trough, which we all know indicates Model 6 in this case) The 475DLX and 675DLX had a 5-way blade swich.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Tekky, bring back the monkey [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL!! You don't like the cartoon image of me???
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Hejsan! and welcome to the JCF forum...

R

Comment

After meeting you TËKKŸ that image is creeping me out a bit. Its like you were transposed into Doonesbury or something. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

It sure sounds like a model 6.
                          May i ask how much you paid, i´m from sweden to and thinking about buying an old charvel myself.

Comment

And welcome to the forum btw=)

Comment

Working...
                            X