Thanks a lot guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks a lot guys...

Well, I am sorry to say I am done with my musical journey. I now have college and a car to worry about, time is no longer a luxury I have. I am now taking flight lessons and want to buy either a Tacoma or a Dakota. For a 17 year old, $5000 for flight and $15000 for a car pre-college will be tough. So, it is time to work, and work, and work some more.

So-
    All I have to say is that you guys have provided me with a wealth of information, which is probably why I became the greatest guitarist in Schaumburg [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] hehehe. I hope to continue posting here to find out what has been going on in the Jackson world, not to mention keeping in contact with those of you who have helped me.

BTW, all my gear will be posted in the Classifieds tonight.

Peace guys!

JACKSONS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Thanks a lot guys...

Selling guitar gear to pay for flight lessons? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Whatever creams yer twinkie, I suppose [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sucks to hear that man, but it is good if that's what your goals are. Reach for the stars!...or some other crap like that...

Comment

I can't wait until I get my Private, I can fly all my friends around!

Comment

Wanna fly me to NAMM one of these days?

Comment

I so would...........ha, as long as you get me in!

Comment

good luck, man! hopefully, i can buy one of your guitars. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

kevin
              the trend is dead r.i.p. dime

Comment

It is not my intention to contradict you in any way, however I have a mortgage, car payments, a wife, job and I am graduating in two weeks with a bachelors degree in Social and Behavioral Sciences. I have been going to school full time and working part time for the last four years after I got out of the Corps, but I always found time for guitar. You don't have to sell are your gear. Maybe sell most of it, but keep a guitar and an amp around. You will pick it up again someday and you will be glad you kept it.

The decision is ultimately yours of course. I just hate to see a good musician shelf their talent.

Whatever you decide; I wish you the best of luck. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweet. NAMM HERE I COME! I live in Canada by the way.

Comment

I can't believe you're going to sell ALL you gear. Leave yourself at least one guitar to strum on.

Comment

Well, we'll see how many PCs leave.........hehe

Comment

I'm with Zamiale and Metafaza...You need to keep one at least!!! I played alot when I was younger and then got into some trouble and sold off all my stuff [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . 7 yrs later I'm back at it and believe me it's not like riding a bike. You forget alot!!! Even if you only pick it up once a week it will always be there and guitar is the best escape from reality I can think of. Just sit down, play and nothing else matters!

Plus you don't want to let all that talent go to waste [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] or fight to get it back years later. Anyways I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I have memories like this - in front of 1,000 people.

Comment

Hey Man... I had the same situation when I left for college. You gotta keep your favorite on you at all times. I lived in dorms, apartments, and a fraternity house for six years of college (yes, 6.... and that is another story) and the one thing that was consistent was me having my guitar. Plus, you never know when it may come in handy and pay for your beer some nights. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Keep your favorite and sell what you can live without. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Guys, I think I will be okay, I am looking at maybe a Taylor 615 in a few years, just to keep the emo side of me!!! Anyways, gear will be posted in about an hour, there is a lot of pictures to load.

Comment

Working...
                              X