I.D. Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.D. Info

Ok a customer called me today at work with some ID questions and pricing on a guitar he bought in St Louis. Its a metallic red dual hum, Soloist. Says made in USA on headstock. SChaller trem, No binding on neck or headstock. No fret markers on board. Just side markers. Chrome hardware. I don't remember what pups are in it.
    But I think he paid way to much for it. He was told it was a custom shop. But the seriel number (ou5083) says it's a '97 when was told it was older. So my question is this. Is this a Soloist Student ( i thought those had dot inlays), Or is it a limited run, or is it a Custom Shop?
    It doesnt say custom shop on the headstock.
    Just the usual logo and made in USA under the tail of the "n" in Jackson. and the (R) at the upslop of the tail on the "n".
    anyway. Any help would be great. Im at a loss on this one and this was a cell phone convo so I couldnt see the guitar.
    Thanks
    Gil

Re: I.D. Info

I believe that is an early sl-2. I seen one on ebay goin cheap. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...719171601&rd=1

sounds like this is the same thing. I was going to get this but I ended up getting a dk-1 instead.

Comment

Sound legit to me. what did he pay for it?

Comment

Oh my God! He got ripped off bad! That's the same guitar I posted about a couple months ago! He got it at Guitar Center in Crestwood, MO. right? They were asking $1500 for it. I told the manager it was an SL2 and not a custom shop guitar, and he kept swearing up and down that it was! He got it from a JCF member but the member he got it from told him it wasn't a CS and he insists it is cause of the black binding on the neck the lack of binding on the HS and the lack of fret markers. The guys an idiot! He won't listen to reason, he really does believe it's a CS. Either that or he refuses to lose money on a guitar! Probably the latter! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

It actually looks exactly like this one...........

SL2 on eBay

Comment

Cool thanks for the help. He paid 1500.00 for it.

Comment

I'd return it, with a quickness! On the back of the HS it has USED stamped into it! And it appeared to have the U and O of the serial partially removed with a dremel or something.

Comment

Yeah that looks like what he described. But the trems a JT590lp instead of the Schaller I mentioned. He wants me to track down a SL2H-TG which i have done os its just a matter of straightening thing out for him.
                Thanks again guys.
                Gil
                P.S. sorry for the abrupt previous post my comp froze.
                What is a fair price for one of these bad boys? I was thinkging about 600ish

Comment

Yeah I was thinking it had a Jt590 but when you said schaller, I thought I could have been wrong. Yeah with $1500 he could do a helluva lot better than that! Keep us up to date on what happens, I'd like to know.

Comment

Uh, guys? JT-590 = Schaller. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah...SL2s had a JT-580

Comment

So im slightly dislexic. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] But isn't there a JT590LP? Or is it the JT580LP? Im cornfugeed.
                        Gil

Comment

There isn't a JT-590LP, just the JT-590 which is a Schaller made Floyd. The JT-580 and JT-580LP both exist, with the 580LP being the better of the two, IMO.

I'd still prefer a ToM. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Uh.. yeah... that's what I meant... JT580.... yeah...doh...

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
                              So im slightly dislexic. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] But isn't there a JT590LP? Or is it the JT580LP? Im cornfugeed.
                              Gil
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jeeez liG, get it right!!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X