Fender is being a bunch of lazy #@$#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fender is being a bunch of lazy #@$#

I have an issue with the "waiting game". And its got nothing to do with pateince. It has to do with decisions.

I ordered a USA select, quoted 3-4 months. it's been nearly 7 months, and I'm told may be a few months longer. Now had I known that in the first place I would have ordered a custom shop. Now thats a big decision. Having the right quote on build time would have made a huge impact on what I would have done. That does piss me off.

I know some of you guys have been waiting for the '02 JCF for quite some time now, and some are telling people to stop whining about the "waiting game". So I'm supposed to be happy that it may take 3 times as long to get my guitar when I was qouted 3-4 months? I dont think so. I don't have a problem waiting 10 months.. if thats what I'm told.

Its not the dealers fault either. Jackson tell's them how long it should take. They tell us. Jackson take thier sweet ass time, and we harrass the dealers. Jackson feels no heat.

Comment

Well, the 7-10 month time they're now quoting you is about the time people were saying it took them to get their USA Selects before Jackson was sold to FMIC. The 3-4 month timeframe is what FMIC set as a production goal, thinking they could streamline quite a bit.

Now they're probably finding that USA Jacksons
      take longer to build than USA Fenders, and have revised their estimates closer to a feasible timeframe. That sucks for you, but reading older threads would tell you that they
      were probably too optimistic, and that would have alsoi helped you make a decision. You could probably figure 1-1/2 years for any Custom Shop model, too, regardless of what they'd quote you.

Hope you get your guitar soon.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Its not the dealers fault either. Jackson tell's them how long it should take. They tell us. Jackson take thier sweet ass time, and we harrass the dealers. Jackson feels no heat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you!!! Thank you!!!!

Comment

I've been waiting 5+ months to get two USA Jacksons (production)...they were supposed to take 2-3 months. One of them was supposed to be , "expedited". My guess is that Fenders promotion has exploded the Jackson market (at least for Jackson) and Jackson being somewhat of a seperate, "entity"....is having growing pains and trying to adapt and meet demand as best and as smart as they can. Unfortunately I think the next 1.5 years is going to make or break Jackson.....hopefully they will get it all worked out and survive. I'd rather wait a year to get a guitar from Jackson than have an ESP given to me today or Jackson dissapear for that matter....so while I would like my friggin' guitars....I'll wait.

Comment

You can get retail price quotes for Custom Shop guitars from the Jackson website in a matter of minutes and then simply call the dealers and ask what percentage they need. If you want a custom paintjob or non standard offering...then yeah Jackson should respond within a couple of weeks...4 max....I agree.

Comment

I'd rather wait a year to get a guitar from Jackson than have an ESP given to me today.....my new motto [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Agreed [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

It does seem odd that if you ordered a USA Select (all Standard Options) why your dealer hasn't received it yet, but then there's some changes going on at Jackson which I heard about from John Walker at NAMM. Tekky was there and can confirm that John did say they were getting some new equipment in that would hopefully streamline production and shorten the turn-around on ALL orders.
                Then again, with NAMM now gone, Musikmesse is right around the corner, which is basically the European NAMM tour, so I'm sure they're also busy "gearing up" for that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Well, the 7-10 month time they're now quoting you is about the time people were saying it took them to get their USA Selects before Jackson was sold to FMIC. The 3-4 month timeframe is what FMIC set as a production goal, thinking they could streamline quite a bit.

Now they're probably finding that USA Jacksons
                  take longer to build than USA Fenders, and have revised their estimates closer to a feasible timeframe. That sucks for you, but reading older threads would tell you that they
                  were probably too optimistic, and that would have alsoi helped you make a decision. You could probably figure 1-1/2 years for any Custom Shop model, too, regardless of what they'd quote you.

Hope you get your guitar soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered the guitar before I joined this board. Nobody should have to read old threads from any board to get a reasonable time quote from a dealer. I don't think thats it somehow my fault that I was told one thing and got another.

Comment

Waiting for 7months for Select series?
                    That sucks.How would that be possible?
                    If I were you, I would have cancelled it long time ago and buy something I could grab NOW.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Waiting for 7months for Select series?
                      That sucks.How would that be possible?
                      If I were you, I would have cancelled it long time ago and buy something I could grab NOW.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      No sh1t, man. There are plenty of nice USA's for sale.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I am waiting for an RR1T,and ummmm if it gets anywhere near 10 months Gibson will have a new best friend. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I was told in the UK that a USA series would take 9 months...although some dealers were being told my Fender that it may take only 3 months..in the end I found an 'in-stock' one instead...

R

Comment

Good things come to those who wait. Whether it's a custom guitar or a USA Select. The issue here isn't so much the wait for the build time - that's always to have been expected, even going back to the San Dimas era. With the long lead times in getting a USA built, I've always expected the build time estimates to be inaccurate. ...Hope for the best, but don't expect it. I can deal with that.

The issue here is more about - in the last year or so - the amount of time it seems to be taking J/C just to get some orders actually placed and into the build queue. IMHO that's pretty disturbing.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              Well, the 7-10 month time they're now quoting you is about the time people were saying it took them to get their USA Selects before Jackson was sold to FMIC. The 3-4 month timeframe is what FMIC set as a production goal, thinking they could streamline quite a bit.Now they're probably finding that USA Jacksonstake longer to build than USA Fenders, and have revised their estimates closer to a feasible timeframe. That sucks for you, but reading older threads would tell you that theywere probably too optimistic, and that would have alsoi helped you make a decision. You could probably figure 1-1/2 years for any Custom Shop model, too, regardless of what they'd quote you.Hope you get your guitar soon.

[/ QUOTE ]I ordered the guitar before I joined this board. Nobody should have to read old threads from any board to get a reasonable time quote from a dealer. I don't think thats it somehow my fault that I was told one thing and got another.

[/ QUOTE ]Caveat Emptor. The consumer has the responsibility to do research before buying. If it's not something you can buy off the rack at the store, it's a good idea to research how long it REALLY takes to get it, rather than just take the company's word for it. It's a drag that you've had to learn this the hard way, but now you know.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Why is it this kind of attitude is OK in the guitar building business?

Name me one other industry where it's perfectly acceptd to say, "Sure, we'll take your $1000 dollars (or whatever) and you can have your widget in 3 months."
                                "He he...guess what...make that nine months...don't like it? Tough ****...", and people are supposed to eat it.

It's not like there's anything in Jacksons line that intrests me anyway, but if there were, after reading many threads like this one, my guitar money sure as hell wouldn't go to Jackson. They are dicking around their dealers, and they are dicking around their customers.

There are other really good companies to deal with. Companies who, from what I hear, actually care about the customer and keep their promises and deadlines.

Comment

Working...
                                X