Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics from my new SL2H SSW and other thingy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics from my new SL2H SSW and other thingy...

The guitar arrived last Wednesday, but since there's some problem with my digicam (a 200 buck Sony btw), I had to borrowed another one from my cousin.

So here it is. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I got it from Scott. He is a super cool and nice guy and answers all my mails asap. He also helped me alot with the wire thing since there's some difference between transference process in Taiwan (where I live) and USA. Thanks again, Scott! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

The guitar itself is simply wonderful. The jumbo fret really does lots of help to my playing. The fret on my KV2 is a pain in the ass whenever I play sliding. As for neck, at first I really can't tell a difference between speed neck and SL neck, but later the SL one feels more comfortable to play with. The action is perfect: low enough to shred but still maintains a sweet tone. If there's anything I can say that is not better than my KV2, it would be the neck pickup. KV's Jazz is amazingly sweet, but the pup on SL2H sounds kinda weak to my ear.

The graphic is a little surprise. From the pic I see on the website, the silver swirl looks pretty metallic and shiny, but in fact, at closer examination, the SSW looks more like a sketch made with silver pencil, whereas an EDS shows some futuristic feeling, with those swirls looking like barbed wire or something. Nothing wrong with that though. It's very special and I still love it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Oh, where are the pics? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]http://photo.taipeilink.net/soloist666/1-2-2-8038052?m=1&pg=0&pw=*409081FE.2433.qbuQ9bENb8U[/img]
    [img]http://photo.taipeilink.net/soloist666/1-2-3-8038065?m=1&pg=0&pw=*409081FE.2433.qbuQ9bENb8U[/img]
    [img]http://photo.taipeilink.net/soloist666/1-2-1-8038049?m=1&pg=0&pw=*409081FE.2433.qbuQ9bENb8U[/img]

Re: Pics from my new SL2H SSW and other thingy...

Edited. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

More pix. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]http://photo.taipeilink.net/soloist666/1-1-5-8038045?m=1&pg=0&pw=*4090830B.11013..hO5D2MasUg[/img]
      [img]http://photo.taipeilink.net/soloist666/1-1-4-8038041?m=1&pg=0&pw=*4090830B.11013..hO5D2MasUg[/img]

Comment

The pics look cool!! Hope you enjoy it for a long time!!

Comment

WOW! That is one amazingly beautiful guitar. Thanks for the pics, and for your review. The pencil sketch analogy makes that finish sound really cool, and I like your comparison between the SL's neck and your KV2's "Speed Neck." Thanks, and congratulations!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

P.S. I agree with your comments about Scott, too. He seems like a great, hard-working guy, and always responds to inquiries very quickly, in my experience.

Comment

Cool guitar and you other guys that just posted about your new guitars take note-PICTURES thats how you make a post about your new guitar. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks Bro Enjoy

Comment

Looks really sweet! congrats!

Comment

Congrats! Awesome looking guitar [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Good to see another Taiwanese member too, keep rocking bro [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That is a sweet axe, bro. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice guitars, congrats on the new one, she's a beauty!

Comment

Looks cool Congrats ..I like that Graphic [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wolf

Comment

Sweet. Nice color.
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Awesome finish. Sort of looks like a piece of cracked marble. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats. That finish is awesome. I'm now torn between getting an SLS2H and an RR1. Thanks for making my decision more difficult. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm mentally screwed up (more) now, too! First, I was hell-bent on a Custom Shop, then I was going to get an SL2H-MAH instead, and now your kickin' SL2H Silver Swirl has me second-guessing that idea!

Comment

Working...
                              X