Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pickup problem with 25th Anniv. Charvel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pickup problem with 25th Anniv. Charvel!

I'm confused. You have a problem with Customer Service you never requested?
    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Anyhoo - your repair dude was prolly right, and I'm glad that the Customer Service you actually did call got you hooked up!
    [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Wait, nobody actually called Jackson/Fender yet everyone involved is bashing them - WTF?

Personally I've never dealt with Jackson support but I've called Fender customer service twice over the last few years and they were really helpful.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I've dealt with Fender for Help on a Prosonic repair. It completely sucked and took about 5 weeks to resolve.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Yeah...Did you post any of the pics you snapped off??? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I said I DIDN'T take pics of the Charvel book. I started to, but Tekky kept stopping me saying the same info would be on Charvel.com

I did post pics of the guitars at NAMM. Use the Search.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Great customer service from SD.

I've had good and bad experiences with FMIC's Cust. Service.
            On a Tele I bought sometime ago the picguard had a crease right down the middle that I noticed after I removed the protective film.
            I really like the feel, sound and vibe of the Tele so I wanted to keep it.
            Called FMIC, they sent me to a shop that once I stepped in scared the heck out of me. There was no way in hell I'll leave my guitar there. So I got them to order the pickguard and got on the phone with FMIC and worked a deal with them for me to bring the old pickguard, pick up the new one and installed it myself. They were great about it.

Recently I had a Fender CS Masterbuilt that needed some repairs, under warranty, and what a pain in the arse the whole process was. Got it done but I had to called just about everyone, email the Pope and threathen to ask for a full refund.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Do you know what model the pickup is? I am not sure what they are using. However, I know that on the double cream Seymour Duncan Seth Lover model pickups are using what is called the original plastic formula for the bobbins. If you look at old pickups you can occasionally find bobbins that are curling and cracking. It very well could be a result of the bobbin formulation. This is one of the drawbacks of the vintage geared products we see today. People WANT crap that didn't hold up, like 'bakelite' parts on Strats that crumble days after play,nitrocellulose finishes that deteriorate after fully cured, nitrate celluloid pickguards that warp up, etc..

Comment

it's a 78 special, which is what used to be called the EVH pickup.

didn't know that about the seth lovers, thanks for the info!

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

No prob! I just looked it up and they call the SL bobbins 'butyrate' plastic.

Comment

booty-rate? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That is exactly what I thought when I saw it!

Comment

Working...
                      X