Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please check out this nice Jackson Strat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please check out this nice Jackson Strat!

I was searching the internet and I came across this nice jackson strat. Here is the link to the picture of the guitar. http://www.geocities.com/adr_smith/i...ments/midi.jpg

What's with all those extra switches on the guitar? What would you add and remove from that guitar?

Rudy D. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Please check out this nice Jackson Strat!

Hey, it's Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden. Here are more pics for reference:

Iron Maiden Jacksons/Charvels/Waynes (click here)

I believe that's the guitar Adrian has a synth installed on for the synth-related stuff on the "Somewhere In Time" and "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" albums. You can see him using that same guitar in the "Stranger In A Strange Land" video. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd remove everythign except the volume pot, knob, neck, floyd rose, and the bridge pickup.

(I like my geetarz simple)
      Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        What would you add and remove from that guitar?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get the question. It's got enough added to it, and I certainly wouldn't take anything off of it.
        I'd just get a real job and buy another guitar or two that had either more or less on it than that one, but I'd keep that one like it is [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

These switches are for killing some fat ass cows and some fart effects that you often hear in the K-mart bathrooms.
          Also 1 of the swicthes works as a on/off for your TV.
          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

a guitar only needs a couple of things: a 3 or 5 way toggle switch, 2 HBs, a floyd, a tone and a volume pot... that is it (besides the body, neck, head, tuners, frets and strings and some other tiny things I might have forgotten [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

so I'd almost rebuild that guitar

Harrald

Comment

Is it possible to get jackson to build a guitar similar to Adrian's? Here is a pic of Adrian's white jackson strat with the black pickguard. http://www.geocities.com/adr_smith/i...s/jacksonw.jpg

Rudy D.

Comment

the answer to that would depend on which headstock you wanted...the strat head he's playing cannot be done by jackson at this time...if you're willing to settle for a normal jackson headstock then i'm sure thewy'd be happy to make you a maple boarded white w/black pickguard strat...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  the answer to that would depend on which headstock you wanted...the strat head he's playing cannot be done by jackson at this time...if you're willing to settle for a normal jackson headstock then i'm sure thewy'd be happy to make you a maple boarded white w/black pickguard strat...d.m.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Is it possible for them to build the jackson strat with the headstock that is same as the headstocks that are on Phil Collen's signature guitars?

Rudy D.

Comment

They wouldn´t have any problems using the PC headstock.

Comment

What pickups did Adrian use in his jackson guitars?

Rudy D.

Comment

All I know is that Adrian had Jackson pickups in his Jackson doubleneck Soloist. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The other pickups had no labels on them, so maybe DiMarzios?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Is it possible to get jackson to build a guitar similar to Adrian's? Here is a pic of Adrian's white jackson strat with the black pickguard. http://www.geocities.com/adr_smith/i...s/jacksonw.jpg

Rudy D.

[/ QUOTE ]

While Jackson could build you something like that with the exception of the headstock shape, you could also perhaps find something similar to it on eBay or on some classified listing sites on the net. That might save you some money (and a lot of time, given what what other Forum members are experiencing for wait times on Custom Shop orders.)
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I have heard that he has been using Dimarzio Super Distortions in his guitars since the early 80's and he still uses them in his strats.

Rudy D.

Comment

That's quite possible. I know Dave for SURE used DiMarzio Super Distortions though. Just wasn't too sure about Adrian.

Comment

Working...
                              X