Jeff Beck Model Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jeff Beck Model Soloist?

yep, people get ready had the tele. i always thought it was funny when they showed him playin it when there's some dive bombing going on in the song. i could listen to that song all day. jeff beck rules.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Jeff Beck is the epitome of tastefull soloing and graceful bending and vibrato....truly the complet package [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Guys, pikejb e-mailed me a picture of his guitar to post here.

Pretty sweet piece, eh? Thanks for sharing, bud. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

shreddermon, thanks for posting the picture - appreciate it.

Comment

suh-weet piece!

Comment

Beck played the orange one in the ambitious video. They play it on VH1 classics.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:

The orange Soloist was the inspiration for the later Charvel Spectrum import model.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep. http://community.webshots.com/photo/...21834951ZdEsCc

Btw, pikejb, if you ever want to let that guitar go, put me first on the list of people to contact. I'd almost kill for a USA Jackson to go with my Charvel. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually I saw a few Jeff Beck style model soloists in the 80's in NYC. I particularly remember one at Sam Ash in Orange just like the JCF member. I never saw one with a body matched color head stock though. I had to laugh when I saw this thread because I bought that magazine on EBAY so I could have Jackson make a similar guitar...maybe a different color.

Comment

That thing is uber-cool, and obviously a copy of JB's. I almost blew a gasket, thinking that you had stumbled on Jeff's original guitar! Clearly, JB's has a (Schaller) Floyd, and yours is Kahlered. Still a very sweet piece, and worth a bit, as far as Jacksons are concerned.

Comment

Beck's guitar had OFR not Schaller! They didn't even start making them for another 3 years.

Comment

Reminds me of the Kramer EE models. I used to ahve one of those and it was killer. Part of the "wish I still had it" collection [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

Comment

Working...
                        X