Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Beck Model Soloist?

Hello,

I own a Jackson Soloist that is similiar to Jeff Beck's Orange Soloist guitar. It has three single coil pickups, dot inlays, a ebony fretboard, a white P-Bass style pickguard and a Kahler Pro tremelo. Oh yeah and it's orange [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I bought it used about 8 years ago but I believe it was made in the 80's. I can get the serial number if this is helpful.

My question is: Was there ever and official Jeff Beck model Soloist or were these special custom orders? Are they rare? Just curious of the history of these guitars ...

Oh and BTW it plays and sounds very good.

Thank you.

BP

Re: Jeff Beck Model Soloist?

i thought he played finder strats. . .exclusively

Comment

Originally posted by bobvex:
      i thought he played finder strats. . .exclusively
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope - Jeff played a pink Soloist for a period in the '80's. Check out this link for a photo: Beck and his pink Soloist

Jeff's actually been associated with several different guitars. In addition, to his signature Strat, he's also used a Tele, a few Les Pauls (Gibson did a re-issue of his oxblood LP a few years ago) and the pink Soloist.
      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Here ya' go...

To the best of my knowledge, this and the pink "Tina" Soloist were the only Jacksons Jeff Beck ever played during his stint with J/C. Both were customs only. I've never seen another like it, but there probably are a few out there.

The orange Soloist was the inspiration for the later Charvel Spectrum import model. They even made some of those in orange, although it wasn't quite the same color. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

PikeJB, I would be VERY intersted to see pics of yours. Sounds awesome.

Comment

Cool Picture! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] I used to have an orange Spectrum. Not a bad guitar.

Comment

I have that book.

Comment

Here is a old PrePro Charvel that was made for Jeff Beck. Mine now [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by pikejb:
                Hello,

I own a Jackson Soloist that is similiar to Jeff Beck's Orange Soloist guitar. It has three single coil pickups, dot inlays, a ebony fretboard, a white P-Bass style pickguard and a Kahler Pro tremelo. Oh yeah and it's orange [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I bought it used about 8 years ago but I believe it was made in the 80's. I can get the serial number if this is helpful.

My question is: Was there ever and official Jeff Beck model Soloist or were these special custom orders? Are they rare? Just curious of the history of these guitars ...

Oh and BTW it plays and sounds very good.

Thank you.

BP
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Rod Stewart, "infatuation" and "people get ready" videos. Also the Jeff Beck video, "Ambitious" from Flash. In that video, he used the "tina turner" Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by eddyrox:
                  Rod Stewart, "infatuation" and "people get ready" videos. Also the Jeff Beck video, "Ambitious" from Flash. In that video, he used the "tina turner" Jackson.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's been a long time since I saw it, but didn't "People Get Ready" show Beck playing his old Tele or Esquire?
                  Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
                    Here ya' go...

To the best of my knowledge, this and the pink "Tina" Soloist were the only Jacksons Jeff Beck ever played during his stint with J/C. Both were customs only. I've never seen another like it, but there probably are a few out there.

The orange Soloist was the inspiration for the later Charvel Spectrum import model. They even made some of those in orange, although it wasn't quite the same color. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

PikeJB, I would be VERY intersted to see pics of yours. Sounds awesome.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you for posting your picture. Yes, this is very close to my guitar. I will scan a picture and post the serial number in a day or so. Thank you for your input.

BP

Comment

That looks very cool Shreddermon ...be cool to see if pikejb orange soloist looks the same [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

That Charvel Strat looks very cool as well Hossman .

Wolf

Comment

I once inquired about getting a custom shop copy of that guitar, but Jackson couldn't find the specs for it. They asked me to send the serial number but I couldn't find it. You would assume they would have a record of a guitar built for Jeff Beck but I guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by John D.:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by eddyrox:
                          Rod Stewart, "infatuation" and "people get ready" videos. Also the Jeff Beck video, "Ambitious" from Flash. In that video, he used the "tina turner" Jackson.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's been a long time since I saw it, but didn't "People Get Ready" show Beck playing his old Tele or Esquire? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">wow, [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] yeah it's been a while for me as well....if memory serves it's his tele...but I also seem to remember the jackson (?)...like I said, it's been a while [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

You got a piccy of your orange Soloist then [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wolf

Comment

Just so folks don't think they've gone crazy... FYI, last night I switched the picture out to a different one. An old magazine cover scan that shows the guitar better.

I actually got this from another JCFr a while ago, but can't remember who it was. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Apologies to whoever it is! I'd give you props if I could remember. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Also, as far as I remember (..which obviously isn't great [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ), all of those videos had the pink "Tina" Soloist. The only exception was "People Get Ready", which was a non-Jackson (Tele or Esquire, I forget which. Natural finish w/maple FB). Not entirely sure about "Ambitious", though.

[ April 30, 2004, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

Working...
                              X