graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graphics

ok, I have a guitar that needs a refin and I know an artist who is going to do the refin. he will also do a graphic on it (did it as well on my other guitar and he knows his stuff). now I need to have some idea imput what to do. it is about a charvel 750 in butt ugly colour (posted it a whil ago) so it would be cool if it could also do something with the archtop...
    what I was looking for is a more neutral finish. I play in my church as well and a nice metal graphic is cool, but not what I can bring into the church (I had the idea of some Egypt thingies and also the "king of the dead" of the lord of the rings, but that would not fit into the church [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]).

so, has someone some ideas or examples he really likes and that is up to the requirements?

harrald

Re: graphics

go to GMW's site and check out their graphic section. there's one of JESUS on the cross.
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

GMW all the way.

Comment

Comment

I have an idea....

I have always dug the painting "the scream" by Edward Munch. Get that airbrushed on your guitar.

Jason

Comment

"The Scream"? The one that recently got stolen?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              "The Scream"? The one that recently got stolen?

[/ QUOTE ]

They also stole "Madonna" from the same museum several days ago.

Comment

It'll show up on Ebay [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And I hate that painting. Talk about Slop Art [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I hate that painting. Talk about Slop Art [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  People love buying slop art guitars too.
                  See EVH Art Series.
                  I see something common with Munch's Art.
                  [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I hate that painting. Talk about Slop Art

[/ QUOTE ]

You ain't kiddin'! Even "Starry Night" looks like a fingerpainting. [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] My 10 year old could do better.
                    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

I have indeed thought about that painting "the scream" since I kwew it was stole. it should be a nice graphic indeed.
                      I checked the gmw site and there are a lot of graphics over there, some are cool, some ar to cheez to even look at, but thanks for the input!

Harrald

Comment

I just got an idea - zebra graphic with a lionhead between neck and bridge pickup! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Somehow sounds familiar so it may have been done already... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] In that case you'd have to ask ESP to do it - they should have no problems with copyrighted stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

This might sound cheezy, but I play in church sometimes as well and I always want to let the metal part of me rip it up.

Anyway, I was thinking of a blood drip graphic with writing smeared in the blood...something about Christ's blood for our sins...something like that.

Comment

come on ladies and gents... some more ideas??? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

Pen & ink style drawing showing angels. It's been done on a Jackson and looks great. I think it's called "Lucifer Being Cast Out of Heaven" or something like that. I think there's a pic of it in the Gallery on Jackson's web site.

It's very cool, fits both the religious side and the metal side, and is somewhat subtle, with the pen and ink style, so it won't be distracting in church.

Comment

Working...
                              X