Looky What I did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looky What I did

I finally got the guts to take my soloist SL2H to what I really want. I moved the volume pot down and put the pickup selector so I can switch in stride. Put a Duncan Invader in the bridge and a Marzio Super Distortion F spaced in the neck. Still kinda iffy on the white color but I wanted a lil contrast instead of all black. Whatcha all think?</p>

Re: Looky What I did

I would never be able to play when the switch is so close to the pickup.
    How it is for you?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I would never be able to play when the switch is so close to the pickup.
      How it is for you?

[/ QUOTE ]
      It's killer, I do alot of sweet picking andI do 90% of it on the neck pickup. I can now switch in stride without any pauses. The stock setup was ok but every now and then I would get stuck on the wammy. now its just there. And so far I haven't accidentlly switched when I do want to.

Comment

makovai,
        very cool
        the only bad thing for me is i rest my pinky on the volume knob so i would be hitting the switch all night
        but if it works for you thats the ticket [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

So I guess the holes for the pickup switch and pots are the same size! Excellent little modification! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I think if it was about 1.5 inch far from the current position,I could use it.
            It looks like John Petrucci model configuration.
            [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              So I guess the holes for the pickup switch and pots are the same size! Excellent little modification! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Actually they weren't the same size had to drill one out. Not alot but a little.

Comment

A by-product of the Petrucci switch placement is, it forces economy in your picking! I learned the hard way! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-------------
                www.hurljam.com

Comment

I don't care for the white pups but I like what you did with the switch and the volume knob...

Comment

I don't care for the white pick-ups either, but an awesome Jackson, none-the-less!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't like where the switch is but I really like the pickups. I've been thinking of doing that for a while but maybe with red.

Comment

Looks great! I think cream pickups would blend out some harsh-ness of the contrast. I like the idea tho...smart little mod too!

Comment

Working...
                        X