Total Guitar - Sept 2004 issue - Roads Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total Guitar - Sept 2004 issue - Roads Review

Just picked up thsi month's Total Guitar...
    ...they review a Jackson Randy Rhoads...
    ...and the neg point is that you can't sit down and play with it!!!!

has no one told them about the guitar on left leg and right leg in the V position....

Jesh!!

R

Re: Total Guitar - Sept 2004 issue - Roads Review

Yeah, typical UK press, right on the ball as usual!
    I mean, how long has the RR5 been available - and they've just condescended to review one.
    Obviously there's no Korean PRS signature models for them to glub over this month... [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I totally agree.....hardly ever see a Jackson/Charvel....

R (only bought it as it has a Dave Mustaine interview - long live Megadeth!!)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

...and the neg point is that you can't sit down and play with it!!!!

has no one told them about the guitar on left leg and right leg in the V position....

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] They've obviously never seen a photo of Randy sitting down playing one of his Jacksons. He's sitting in the classical position. It made sense for him to do that.

What would be even funnier is if they printed a picture of Randy sitting down and playing one of his Jacksons like this. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Please tell me they have a website, or at least an email address? I gotta rip these jerks a new one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

http://www.futurenet.com/totalguitar/

Knock yourself out!!!

R

Comment

Was that the only negative point about the guitar? How was the rest of the review? Before I jump in someones **** I want to know the whole story.

Comment

Don't have the magazine to hand but it goes something like this:

How Jackson made its name.
                Along came Randy.
                How he spec'd the guitar.
                How he died.
                How the guitar is nothing like a Jackson guitar (lacking OFR, HB+SC, active pups and 24-frets).
                How it plays nice but they get the feeling it is most comfortable doing heavy stuff.
                How they cannot sit down with it - nor can anyone else in the office - and how it is uncomfortable to play even standing up.

+'s: quality, sound, style
                -'s only one - not being able to sit down!

That's not word for work but you get the idea...

R

Comment

Torpedoes away! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Greetings everyone new here at jcf I see the rocket scientists at total guitar website at least refered to the rr-5 as being mighty lol. sure, you can balance it on your leg what I usually do is sit on a stool and use a strap.I mean really, if you play sitting all the time why would you buy a rhoades v?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      why would you buy a rhoades v?

[/ QUOTE ]

A what? [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Oh no - another Roads spelling mistake - DUCK!!!

R

Comment

I don't see what the big deal is. The magazine was presenting it's opinion. Guitar World gave very positive reviews to both the RR1 and the RR1T around Christmastime. By the way, I concur with the idea that the Rhoads is an uncomfortable guitar to play-I hardly play mine now that I own a "Korean PRS signature model."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            now that I own a "Korean PRS signature model."

[/ QUOTE ]

ooOOOOoooooohhhh - I see trouble starting [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

R

Comment

Personally, I think that review is pretty fair. I don't sub to TG or GT being they're are UK, but IMO they are some of the better guitar mags out there and I would sub to them if they were not so expensive. Unless you have gotten used to getting around the idiosyncracies of the body style.. it will seem rather weird and uncomforatable to play in comparison to a std guitar shape. Their review was pretty much my first impressions of a student model I played when they came out, which to me is essentially the RR5 with sharks.

Comment

Working...
                              X