Total Guitar - Sept 2004 issue - Roads Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Total Guitar - Sept 2004 issue - Roads Review

Well the Rhoads V along with other v types axes are a love it or hate kind of thing.Probably not the best choice if its your only guitar unless you like playing standing up most of the time.

Comment

I find that to be an uninformed opinion. If you're the type who can only sit in a chair like you're pimpin (i.e. slouched backwards in the seat waitin on the ho's to drop) then yeah the Rhoads is gonna be mighty hard to play, but if you sit in a chair in a normal, civilised, upright position, then the guitar is more comfortable than a Strat, and allows easier access to all frets.
      If you sit with the guitar like Mel Bay showed you, you're living in the ancient past and really need to get with it.

Let's try it mathematically:
      If 1 = Randy Rhoads' interest and familiarity with Classical guitar, and 2 = Randy Rhoads' design for a Custom Flying V body style, then 3 must = the undeniable fact that the RR V is purpose-built for the Classical sitting position.

Is that plain enough?

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think Newc has hit the nail on the head, metaphorically speaking...

R

Comment

Hey Newc I didn't knows yous was so dern edjaumacated LoL!
          Just Kidding Matt, thanks for all the info & wisdom.

Good work as always Capt. Ron
          According To The Prophecy

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            If 1 = Randy Rhoads' interest and familiarity with Classical guitar, and 2 = Randy Rhoads' design for a Custom Flying V body style, then 3 must = the undeniable fact that the RR V is purpose-built for the Classical sitting position.

Is that plain enough?

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad it's a preference and not a math problem Newclehead [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Yeah that pesky "individuality" is the bane of modern civilisation [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm not sure if Yngwie knows about Newcs special math.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I find that to be an uninformed opinion. If you're the type who can only sit in a chair like you're pimpin (i.e. slouched backwards in the seat waitin on the ho's to drop) then yeah the Rhoads is gonna be mighty hard to play, but if you sit in a chair in a normal, civilised, upright position, then the guitar is more comfortable than a Strat, and allows easier access to all frets.
                  If you sit with the guitar like Mel Bay showed you, you're living in the ancient past and really need to get with it.

Is that plain enough?

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Well, as misinformed as uncivilized as I may be you of course can play the Rhoads sitting down.I myself don't find that position comfortable for long periods of time in fact if I let anyone play my axe sitting down I show them the proper way to do it so it doesn't end up on the floor.I was just saying it's a great guitar to play standing because of the balance,light weight and fret access make it a natural shred machine.

Comment

Any guitar I've ever played has been in the Classical position. I never could put it over my right thigh and play like that... it just feels awkward to me. Mike Romeo also played in the Classical way when I took lessons from him back in the '80s... he said do what feels comfortable.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X