so I got my hz's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so I got my hz's

no problems with em thanks md ! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]! but **** ups billed me 41 bucks extra for brokeage fees ! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] **** losers just lost my bussness never again will I got through those guys [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]//Steve

Re: so I got my hz\'s

Yeah, that's a pain in the ass. I will never again request anybody ship me anything via a courier for fear of these arse-raping brokerage fees. Even on Ebay, that comes into play when I make my decision on purchasing something. If an American is not willing to ship to Canada via US Postal Service, they won't get my bid.

Just curious, which EMG-HZs did you get?

Comment

I just shipped a strat to Cananda via USPS and when it got there, the buyer said they had to pay another 100 bucks in taxes and fees. I was surprised. It was the first time I shipped to canada. THe only other time, the guy had me ship it to a buddy of his in Buffalo and then the buddy took a trip up and delivered it for him.
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Apparently, with USPS, sometimes the parcel gets through, but other times, the recipient has to pay something. For my Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah, the Ebay seller shipped it to me via USPS but I had to pay something like $24 Canadian at the post office to get it. It turns out they looked through the parcel and charged me for it.

Comment

only once have i had to pay after having something hipped USPS, and it only costed me like $25 canadian more so i wasnt that pissed , but the day ups showed up in my driveway and told me i owed like $147.00 more i got a little angry . so if anyone here works for ups "YOU CAN KISS MY ASS THEN SPIN ME AROUND AND LICK COCK MUTHAFUCKER!!"

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Easy there big fella. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Definitely just request USPS for smaller items anyways.

Comment

I'm very interested in hearing your opinions of the HZ pickups, especially if you have the H4 models. Do they really sound similar to the 81, as EMG suggests?

Comment

the ones I have are the h3's those are the one jackson uses in there hz series cause esp/ltd the h4 is they're big oem pickup in they're line . but either way the h3 sounds similar to the 81 I have tryed em back to back with Daves [the other guitarist in the band]emg 81's and they sound real similar , the definatly sound like a nice emg pickup and they sound awesome for clean stuff as well as heavy try some jazz type stuff with em , very nice and clean . anyway thats my 2 bits lol ........... as far as the ups **** is concerned I think they did just that opened the package and took a geuss lol but at the same time I have had Kevin Easton send me stuff with no problems . //Steve

Comment

is there always brokerage fees when a guitar is being shipped ups across the us and canada border? i'd rather not have to pay more for my warrior when it gets here seing how i shelled out an extra $50 USD that i offered to the seller wh owas gonna cover shipping to help him out... so much for that, now i'll be further in the hole DAMMIT!

Comment

I believe for UPS, there will ALWAYS be brokerage fees going cross-border. I think it's the same way if you're shipping something from Canada to the US using UPS. I just use Canada Post.

Comment

DAMN i hope Chuk never sent the guitar yet then... i am in NO financial posistion to pay brokerage (university student)

i don't care how logn it takes i'll be i nschool when it gets here so i'll have to get it o nthe weekend either way...

Comment

Thanks for the review, Steve. I love EMGs, and I'd like to get an HZ for my Steinberger (so I don't have to find room for a battery in that tiny little body). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have the H-1 and S-1 in my LTD MV300 and I think they sound great.Very nice clean sound and a very nice chunck and growl on the dirty side.The guitar is a maple neck thru with mahogony wings and thick flame maple top.All in all a great sounding guitar.Fit and finish is top notch too.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

yeah man great pickups for the money , and they cut through real nice live clean or dirty , also they aren't no cheap **** either , they are made in the usa unlike duncan designed pickups witch are made in korea I think [some of those the 103's sound ok as well] . I was gonna get another hz for this guitar I am gonna be teaching with [tuned to standard tuning] but with almost everyone shipping ups now and days I am just gonna put a emg 85 in there cause they are so versitial as this is gonna be a 1 hum guitar , and my buddy will probably let me pay it off over 2 months or so as I will be teaching at his store starting next week and after I just payed the **** ups dude 41 bucks I will have no cash for guitar **** for a little while and the 85 will cost me 120 bucks new up here . but the hz's are gonna go in my ke3r real soon . //Steve

Comment

I hate to be jacking your thread but its became a kidn of topic here now...

If the guitar was shipped with another shipping company would there still be brokerage fees? or is it just UPS?

Comment

Working...
                              X