Colored Floyds on a Soloist Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colored Floyds on a Soloist Guitars

My memory fails me, but didn't Floyd Rose bridges (or perhaps it was kahler) make some units that were tinted a basic color like red, blue, or green. I seem to remember seeing these years ago, and seeing one or two soloist guitars with these bridges on them. I believe it was done about the same time Paiste and some other companies offered color tinted cymbals as well.

Re: Colored Floyds on a Soloist Guitars

Ive seen Kahler trems tinted in red and painted solid white. Never seen a Floyd tinted/finished with any color other than chrome/black/gold

Comment

Yeah...the Kahlers had quite a few different colors if I remember right. They had a full page advertisement at one time with a bunch of different colors.

Comment

Yeah, Kahler had then in anodized colors, but white looks like some sort of paint over chrome.

Comment

I thought the Kahlers were poweder coated?

You can take any of your floyds to get powder coated... though it would probably need to be bead blasted first.

A black floyd is all I've really ever needed though, but a blue one might look cool on my blue strat.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I have a red Kahler on the Flamer:

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Another thing to try is Dupli-Color Metalcast. It is designed to spray over chrome and bare metal for things like wheels and engine parts. I got a can of purple and experimented on some guitar parts - it looks really cool. I'm going to pick up some other colors and spray a Kahler this weekend. I'll post pics when I'm done.

http://www.dupli-color.com/products/metalcast.html

- Newc

Comment

Thanks for the info and photos. I knew I had seen colored bridges sometime in my life. Tim, please post some pictures after you spray that bridge.

Comment

those colored kahlers were called the Kahler Kolors. I hera they weren;'t that popular and they since discontinued them, back then.

Comment

Schaller made colored tuners at the same time. They kind of suck because the housing is molded hard rubber or plastic and they broke easy.

Comment

Schaller still makes colored tuners - they are annodized though.

- Newc

Comment

I just cleaned out some old guitar mags and I seem to remember Kahler had red, blue, gold and chrome units.

Joe
                        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

kahlers are so cool. Tim that flamer is nice [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I remember someone posting pictures of a Kramer 5150 replica with a powder coated white floyd from a guitar show.
                            Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Working...
                            X