Charvel Jackson acoustics, any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Jackson acoustics, any good?

so how good is a Charvel Jackson 625C acoustic electric guitar? are they worth buying and if so whats avg. price? in fact are any of the C/J acoustic guitars as good as the electric ones? i never see anyone talk about owning any.
    summer is almost here and i would like to have an acoustic to take camping or any other place where i cant plug in.
    this is one i am watching on ebay :
    625c acoustic electric

Re: Charvel Jackson acoustics, any good?

Good question. I have been thinking about one of these myself. Anybody have one?

Comment

I've never heard one, but from the few people that said they have played them, they're not bad instruments... of course you can buy a lot better, but there is a lot worse out there too.

They seem to fetch a pretty decent price too.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

10 years old and it still has the original strings on it? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Anyway, I've heard some good things about them but never had the chance to try them out myself.

Comment

on a side note, what the charvel atx basses. i've seen a couple on ebay lately but don't know anything about them. they do look nice. here's one on the 'bay now
          web page
          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

yeah there are alot better out there but for what price? around a grand for an ovation or laravee ? or the lower end has johnson i can get for 75 bucks new. but it would be cool to have a good acoustic that is the same brand as my electric. i know i sound like a brand whore [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            thanks for the input so far. i know with all the ppl here we have someone that has played one of these acoustics.
            i see them go on ebay for what i consider reasonable but i really have no idea.

Comment

I have a Model 550 M. Dreadnought shape with Mahogany sides, back,and neck. Not sure what the top is but the blue book says it's spruce. I paid a hundred bucks for it on e-bay. You can't buy a decent guitar with real wood anymore for that price It's not a Taylor or a Martine but it plays pretty nice for a hundred dollar guitar and you don't have to babysit it. Some of the older cheap model Fenders are pretty good players for the dough also. JMO Dana [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a 625c just like the one in the link. Great guitars for the money. Yes, there's better, but not for under $200 [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . They play surprisingly well and sound good. I've had mine for a couple years and no complaints. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Search function works [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

now Ron, you know if i used the search function i would be robbing you of valueable postings. and where is the fun in that [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    thanks for the input and info guys, i dont have alot of $ to put into an acoustic that i would be takin to bike rallys,and dont want to carry a heavy electric on a bike which is why i started looking at these. think i might actually dig into one now that i hear they are decent quality for the $.
                    thanks guys [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X