No announcement yet.

Jackson Fusions, educate me please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Fusions, educate me please....

Hello everyone. A dear friend of mine used a Jackson Fusion during the early 90s and throughout the decade, till it was burned in a studio accident. Anyway, he loved that guitar, and didn't even know what he had, until I discovered which one it was, thanks to showing pics to JCFers. The thing is, he cannot provide the serial number for it, as it was burned, but he suspects it to be a Professional Fusion. So I have the following questions, please answer them:

1. What was the difference between the different Jackson Fusions, that is, Professional, XL, and etc?

2. Did the neck profile or any other aspects of the guitar changed, during the years it was produced? BTW, what were the production years for it?

3. What were the neck specs of the guitar, possibly in mm. Also, how can we compare it to the modern dinky's?

4. Seeing as how this guitar was loaded with an almost on board Wah-Wah, it makes me jealous and want one [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . So, could anyone tell me if any lefties were made in the Fusion line?

5. What would be a good price for such a Fusion as this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

6. Finally, if anyone is willing to part me with something like this, let me know by PMing me. Thank you! Or email me at: [email protected].

Thank you, I'm sorry for all those questions, but I just didn't know so much. I hope someone could reply those for me. Thanks in advance! Take care!

Re: Jackson Fusions, educate me please....

Can anyone answer ANY of those question? Or maybe point me to a source where I could get this info? Thanks, I really need to know. Take care all!

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...search_forum=1

Comment

Thanks man, that was really helpful, sorry I didn't use it before. Still, there are somethings missing:

1. Did any Jackson Fusion come in leftys?

2. What is a fair price for a Jackson Fusion Professional(Japanese) from 90-91?

3. What were the EXACT neck specs of the guitar above, I know the scale length which was 24.75' right?

Thanks again!

Comment

I've gotta say, just posting a link to the search function is kinda rude. We all ask for info without using the search function. I'm sure he'll remember it when you need help.

Anyway...

It's a great guitar... Probably one of my best players.

<center>

</center>

FUSION PRO
          Intro: 1990
          Disc: 1992

Made in Japan

Pickups:[*]Bridge: J50B Humbucker [*]Middle: J200 Stacked Humbucker [*]Neck: J200 Stacked Humbucker

Controls:[*]Volume[*]Tone[*]Jackson JE1500 Active Preamp(Midrange Sweep)[*]5-way blade switch

Hardware:[*]Bridge: JT590 Schaller Tremolo[*]Tuners: Gotoh Die-cast

Woods:[*]Body: Basswood W/ Optional Flamed Maple Top and Back[*]Neck: Maple[*]Fretboard: Rosewood with binding
          Occupy JCF

Comment

$600 is WAY too much for a Fusion Pro. I'd sell my USA for a bit more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
              I've gotta say, just posting a link to the search function is kinda rude. We all ask for info without using the search function. I'm sure he'll remember it when you need help.

Anyway...

It's a great guitar... Probably one of my best players.

<center>

</center>

FUSION PRO
              Intro: 1990
              Disc: 1992

Made in Japan

Pickups:
              [*]Bridge: J50B Humbucker
              [*]Middle: J200 Stacked Humbucker
              [*]Neck: J200 Stacked Humbucker

Controls:
              [*]Volume
              [*]Tone
              [*]Jackson JE1500 Active Preamp(Midrange Sweep)
              [*]5-way blade switch

Hardware:
              [*]Bridge: JT590 Schaller Tremolo
              [*]Tuners: Gotoh Die-cast

Woods:
              [*]Body: Basswood W/ Optional Flamed Maple Top and Back
              [*]Neck: Maple
              [*]Fretboard: Rosewood with binding
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Its OK TEKKY bro, I'm sure he meant well. Anyway, maybe I'm mistaken, the Fusion that I was talking about had a toggle in between the knobs, and those singles were most likely real singles and not single SIZED humbuckers(I think that's what stacked singles are, right?). I'm not sure though, maybe you are right, but I'm quite certain about the toggle in between.

Any idea how much it should cost? Also, did Jackson make any lefty fusions? Thanks so much for your help!

Comment

Here TEKKY, these are the best pics I got about the Jackson I'm looking for:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Also, any idea about the neck specs, especially compared to the Dinkys of Today like the DK2? Thanks again!

Comment

Mine has been modified. I just haven't been diligent in determining what the middle knob is all about. (I think it's the electronics from a 475DLX) But yes, it has a toggle.

The pickups in the guitar on eBay should have two stacked humbuckers (which are single coil sized) unless he's changed them out.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:

Hardware:
                    [*]Bridge: JT590 Schaller Tremolo

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">TEKKY,

I'm picking up a Fusion Pro EX in a couple of weeks. The trem on this one has the "Jackson" logo, but it doesn't say "Schaller" or "Made in West Germany, etc..." anywhere on it. Is this one still a Schaller?
                    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

If it doesn't say "Made in Germany" on it then it is not a Schaller. The Fusion EX has the JT580 tremolo.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks for the info TEKKY. Any ideas about questions I asked? Seems there is no way to get that info. Anyway, thanks again! Take care!

Comment

I don't know much about costs of guitars. I pay whatever I feel is a fair price for a guitar. My Fusion, fortunately, was given to me as a gift from a former friend.

Left handed models? Well, they made left handed 375DLXs and 475DLXs, so I would imagine a few leftys made their way out of the factories.

The neck profile is flat and thin. As far as comparison to the dinkies of today... I've actually never played one, so I can't compare.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks Tekky!

The left handed models you mentioned, were they part of the Fusion Series, and did they have the same neck profiles?

What do you think is a fair price for a Fusion, like the one on Ebay?

Finally, do you have any numerical figures from your Fusion's neck? Like have you ever measured it?

Thanks again!

P.S: Is that a reverse/left handed trem on your Fusion, I notice that the hole for the Whammy bar is at the top, or maybe I can't see well. Thanks!

Comment

No, the 375DLX and the 475DLX were the 25.5 scale Charvels. More or less the next generation of Charvels after the "Model" series.

Fair price? I'm guessing here, if a price seems right to me, I'll pay it. People can argue that I've overpaid for guitars before. Fair price?? Minty?? I'd say too-fiddy to tree-fiddy.

The only neck measurement that I've made was to confirm that it was indeed a Fusion. (neck scale is 24.75")

The tremolo is a regular right-handed JT-590. I'm not sure what it is you see in the picture...
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X