No announcement yet.

Jackson Fusions, educate me please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson Fusions, educate me please....

If the guitar is minty and has the original case I would pay 300.00 to 350.00(flame top) if not 250.00 thats a fair price to me because I love the fusion series guitars.Most dealers/pawn shops don't differentiate(sp.) between the fusions and the rest models Jackson made in the 90s and they are all priced pretty much the same.These guitars at this time are very affordable and can be had at around 200.00 give or take a little.I scored mine for 150.00 because it had been raped of its pickups but I didn't care.
    To me these are the most comfortable guitars to play barr none.24 3/4 scale, thin flat neck mahogony body etc.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I bought my USA Fusion (SN: 000287) used off a guy on Ebay for less that you would pay for a USA Fender. It has a super slim Gibson scale neck and a flat ebony fretboard with a flame maple back. Don't know what the body is made out of but I think it's alder. I have Seymour Duncan pickups in it and it is probably my best playing and sounding guitar. Definitely a keeper. I wish I had 4 more [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
        If it doesn't say "Made in Germany" on it then it is not a Schaller. The Fusion EX has the JT580 tremolo.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks. I'm not much of a wang bar jockey, so the JT580 should be fine.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Fragger, I know you've said you're looking for a Jackson Pro Fusion, but consider this...

I've owned at least 1 of almost every Fusion that has come out. My first guitar was an almost new Fusion Pro, and I loved it. All the Fusions are great. All the necks on every Fusion model feel about the same to me. Very thin and flat.

However, the one Fusion model I cannot put down is my Charvel Fusion Custom. I just love this guitar. It is by far my favorite Fusion. Why? It's not that special to look at. No binding. No sharkies. Rosewood neck. BUT, it just has such killer tone and mojo... 2 J200R pickups and a J85.
          Anytime someone comes over and plugs it in I have to pry it from their fingers.

I have paid between $150 and $350 for each model I have.

The Custom? That was obtained for $150. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

So I guess what I'm saying is, unless you really want a Jackson Pro, expand your search to include the Charvel models too. You should be able to find something for $200 or less.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff300:
            Fragger, I know you've said you're looking for a Jackson Pro Fusion, but consider this...

I've owned at least 1 of almost every Fusion that has come out. My first guitar was an almost new Fusion Pro, and I loved it. All the Fusions are great. All the necks on every Fusion model feel about the same to me. Very thin and flat.

However, the one Fusion model I cannot put down is my Charvel Fusion Custom. I just love this guitar. It is by far my favorite Fusion. Why? It's not that special to look at. No binding. No sharkies. Rosewood neck. BUT, it just has such killer tone and mojo... 2 J200R pickups and a J85.
            Anytime someone comes over and plugs it in I have to pry it from their fingers.

I have paid between $150 and $350 for each model I have.

The Custom? That was obtained for $150. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

So I guess what I'm saying is, unless you really want a Jackson Pro, expand your search to include the Charvel models too. You should be able to find something for $200 or less.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No Bs I played my Charvel Fusion Plus more than my USA. I recently gave it to my son. Only caus e I wanted him to have a decent guitar and didn't have any cash at the time. This was The guitar I had worth the least so I gave it. But it was my favorite player.

Comment

Thanks for the wonderful replys and opinions, guys! The thing is, I'm not the one who wants one of these babies, its my friend who lives overseas and ehe managed to find one of these back in early 90s and have loved it ever since. I'm sure all those other Fusions are great as well, but he just wants this guitar for that neck and the onboard preamp system, which I think only Jackson Fusion Pro had, right?

However, his desire to want one of these so bad has made me really, really eager to own one of these as well, that is why, I keep asking you guys either the specs of its neck, that is the width and radius and etc, and also, if Jackson ever made these in left handed.

Finally, I wanted to ask you guys how to email the seller on Ebay? I mean I don't have an EBay ID, so I can't know, but when I did, I think you just entered your ID and it revealed the sellers email address, without giving any forms to fill and etc. If it is still like that, could one of you please PM me the email address of the seller so I can give it to my friend, so that he may get that guitar from him? I would really appreciate it! Once again, thanks so much guys!

Comment

I notice he relisted the item. He too must have finally realized that he was asking too much. Not that it's not a great guitar, it's just that you could almost get a USA Fusion for his buy it now price ($600) for a Japanese model. Overseas made Fusions generally go anywhere between $200-$350 depending upon the exact model and condition.
                I consider used Japanese Charvel/Jacksons among the best guitar buys around because, though they are very affordable, the quality is very high.

Also, I thought that when the Charvel Model 6 became the 650XL, the Charvel Fusion became the 475XL, but I notice someone above wrote that the 475XL is 25.5" scale, so I may be wrong.

You should try the link at the top of the page for Easton Guitars. I'll bet he has a Fusions or two or maybe even a 475XL. He also still maintains all the info from the old Mother of all Information Pages (Charvel Jackson historical info), so he could probably verify whether or not the 475XL is identical to a Fusion, especially if you are a potential buyer.

By the way, with this post, you can't call me "Junior" anymore..yeehaa.

Ricey

Ricey

Comment

Originally posted by Ricey:
                  Also, I thought that when the Charvel Model 6 became the 650XL, the Charvel Fusion became the 475XL, but I notice someone above wrote that the 475XL is 25.5" scale, so I may be wrong.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Fusion wasn't available until after end of the Model series guitars. So it didn't become anything when the Model 6 became the 650XL. The Fusion didn't appear until '89.

The 475 is a 25 1/2" scale guitar and was an all new guitar when it was introduced in '89. It wasn't simply a change in model designation from one of the Model series. It was part of the new range alongside the new short-scale Fusions. When the Charvel Fusion wound up it's run in '91, it became the Jackson Fusion in '92.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, but I guess now I'm confused. Basically, the reason why I asked whether a left-handed Fusion was made was to get the same neck profile that the Fusions had, and to a lesser extent, the preamp thingy they had. So, does anyone know of such a Jackson, with a left handed model?

Also, does anyone have the specs for the Jackson Fusion's neck profile, other than the scale length? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                    X