Saw Ratt TodayI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Ratt TodayI

I saw Ratt and Slaughter today at Woodstock, CT. Vince Neal headlined the show, but I didn't stay to see him. As you can tell by my username, I'm a big Ratt fan.
    Warren Dimartini and Bobby Blotzer were the only two original members of Ratt playing the show today.
    Dimartini played his snakeskin strat. I brought my mini binoculars, but I didn't see any name or logo on the headstock. According to Wayneguitars.com, Warren endorses Wayne guitars. It may have been his original Charvel.
    He also played another super-strat. It was a natural brown finish with maple neck and board. I believe that it had a Jackson logo on the headstock, but I couldn't make it out.
    Warren played a great show. No mistakes. He seemed to be really "cool" onstage. I just love watching him play. One of the truely underrated guitarists of the 80's.
    He had one Soldano head and four Marshall heads along with three Marshall stacks.
    The guitarist for Slaughter wasn't too bad either.

Re: Saw Ratt TodayI

very cool i bet it was a great show
    my buddy lives in van nuys and goes to a club called paldino's
    and said warren looks young like he did in the 80's
    maybe thats the secret
    lay off the booze and drugs and put the money away for a later day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes he did look young for his age. I don't know wether he got caught up with drugs like Crosby did, but he played a flawless show. He just has a very natural approach to the guitar. He makes it look so effortless. A real pro.

Comment

I love Ratt but only 2 original members?
        That sux..
        I kind of like Stephen on Vocal in Ratt...

Comment

Re: Saw Ratt TodayI ( for rattojack)

rattojack check this out. two of ROBBINS V's

Comment

I heard he kept his stuff together and invested his money and laid off the drinking and such and he did very well
            maybe thats why he plays and looks the way he does today

Comment

My local Jackson rep told me Warren sighned with Charvel again.

Comment

Warren DiMartini is definitely one of the best guitarists I've ever seen play live on a number of occaisions. He's got a great combo of technical chops & feeling. He is definitely way underated as far as lead guitarists go.

Comment

Sounds like a cool show. One of my first concerts ever was Ratt (first being Iron Maiden's Powerslave tour, opening act was Accept- rock!). It was the Out of the Celler tour and they were incredible. Still remember Warren's solo vividly- used his rising sun Charvel. Oddly enough, the opening act was Bon Jovi- how times change.

Comment

Anyone know of any more tour dates? It's been years since I have seen any part of RATT on stage.
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I am surprised that a few of you called Demartini underrated for the 80's. He was far from it and graced the cover of just about every guitar magazine out at the time. He was in the top 10 of every guitar player list when Ratt was popular. If Warren was underrated than so was Lynch, Vivian, Jake and Vai because they all dominated the 80's metal lead guitarist scene in the 80's.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Dimartini played his snakeskin strat. I brought my mini binoculars, but I didn't see any name or logo on the headstock. According to Wayneguitars.com, Warren endorses Wayne guitars. It may have been his original Charvel.
                        He also played another super-strat. It was a natural brown finish with maple neck and board. I believe that it had a Jackson logo on the headstock, but I couldn't make it out.
                        Warren played a great show. No mistakes. He seemed to be really "cool" onstage. I just love watching him play. One of the truely underrated guitarists of the 80's.
                        He had one Soldano head and four Marshall heads along with three Marshall stacks.
                        The guitarist for Slaughter wasn't too bad either. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        If it was the snakeskin that is peeling, that is the Performance strat, the Anaconda strat is a Charvel.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I love Ratt but only 2 original members?That sux..I kind of like Stephen on Vocal in Ratt...

[/ QUOTE ]Well, Stephen is widely known to not have his voice anymore, Juan has a fulltime studio business and Robbin passed away. Warren was always the best thing about Ratt so why shouldn't he keep going with the name? It's not as if they'd be able to tour with a new band, there being ZERO interest in new bands featuring 80s rockers. The BOD album bombing proved that.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Paladino's
                            Cellar
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I saw Stephen last year and his voice was ok. Same style as Ratt but just not quite the same range. BTW, he calls his band the Rat Bastards.

Comment

Working...
                              X