Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson vs. Charvel - Why two seperate camps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson vs. Charvel - Why are there two camps?

Own both, love both, a pity those that don´t, for they don´t know what they´re missing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

And what about the Charvel guitars with a Jackson Neck Plate, or is it the other way around ?? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Matt

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Probably because you have the guys who still think "first" is "better", and the whole resale value thing, as well as that mysterious "mojo" and "vibe" stuff.

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure that is true in some cases. In my case I find interest in the early years because the guitars are evolving, which makes each phase of the evolution unique. I can understand why a guy (or gal) would prefer an off the rack guitar that feels and sounds like any other model in its series, but I prefer models that are not the norm. The early years are full of these, so they became desireable to me. Be it the neck carve, neck construction, odd body wood, funky pickup placement, etc.. These all make them interesting to me, but unpredictable as well, which turns many people off.

Comment

Hey Bengal, can you shrink those images down, or can you get the admins to make links out of them, it's throwing the forum waaaaay out of whack. (and no, it's not a "screen resolution" issue)
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
          X