X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, just ordered my first jackson

hi guys!

i'm happy to say that
    I JUST ORDERED MY VERY FIRST JACKSON GUITAR!

it's gonna be a Kelly KE3 in transparent red. I live in Holland and it was quite a story to get the guitar... Now i'm just gonna have to wait for 2 weeks...

I think it's a pretty good replacement for my old ibanez grx40 starter guitar!

Anyway, i'll post some pix and all when i get it!

ben

Re: yeah, just ordered my first jackson

Be warned that this won't be the last Jackson you'll order... it's an addiction!
    Welcome to the club! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

BTW, great choice about the guitar and finish.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Gelukwens. Hoopt dat u die het in die krijgt, regeelt.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i have a KE3, in black. nowadays they make em with chrome hardware, which i dont think looks as good as satin chrome. but still ac ool guitar

i might do the DK2/KE3 thing to it though.

Comment

I hope those 2 weeks fly right by for you. It is sad how hard it can be to get certain guitars and amps in Europe but at least you'll get your axe soon.

Please do post some pics when you get it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Welcome Ben! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Indeed, congratulations! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

It will be one of the longest 2 weeks of your entire life. . .

Comment

Originally posted by John D.:
                  I hope those 2 weeks fly right by for you. It is sad how hard it can be to get certain guitars and amps in Europe but at least you'll get your axe soon.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The hardest thing still is to get a case for a Jackson here in Germany.

I ordered a case for my DKMGT at the end of December last year.
                  Now, in May 2004, the shop still got no definite answer when my case will arrive. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

congrats and enjoy you're new guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Fifth_Horseman:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by John D.:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The hardest thing still is to get a case for a Jackson here in Germany.

Now, in May 2004, the shop still got no definite answer when my case will arrive. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah, i went to the Music Store Köln to buy it at first, but they told me delivery time would be two months [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] ! So after some searching here in Holland, it turned out that the best shop to buy the axe was the one right next to my home, where i always go to buy strings and small stuff like that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . Never knew they sold jacksons. For a case, i think i'm gonna go german again, and buy some cheaper universal case for it, coz i can't pay 300 bucks for a case.

Comment

hey im just curious

how much did you pay for that guitar in holland?

im considering going to college in europe

Comment

Originally posted by ben:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Fifth_Horseman:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by John D.:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah, i went to the Music Store Köln to buy it at first, but they told me delivery time would be two months [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] ! So after some searching here in Holland, it turned out that the best shop to buy the axe was the one right next to my home, where i always go to buy strings and small stuff like that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . Never knew they sold jacksons. For a case, i think i'm gonna go german again, and buy some cheaper universal case for it, coz i can't pay 300 bucks for a case.
                          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Congrats on the axe. But i think it's not wise to buy a universal case for your kelly as the kelly won't fit into it.
                          When i bought my KE-3 here in germany it came with a case. However the guitar was made in japan (i heard that some of the new ke-3's are made in korea ?) and it did cost 2000 DM at that time (that's around 1000 Euros). Now i see some kellys with a much lower price. Could be that now they don't come with a case, don't know.

Flo
                          http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by stsk:
                            hey im just curious

how much did you pay for that guitar in holland?

im considering going to college in europe
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm from Holland too. Guitars are expensive here.. especially Jackson and ESP

KE3 in trans finish is around 560 euro
                            KE3 in EDS is 610 euro
                            KE3 in solid color is 530 euro

a KE2 in transblack is like 2400 euro :|

prices do not include a case.. recently jackson prices went down with like 30% [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

mine cost me 625 euros, which is not cheap. but now i don't have to wait that long, and i can use it for my first live performance in 4 weeks.

It came without a case, but i think it would fit a universal case for other pointy guitars. something like these perhaps:
                              Universal case 1
                              Universal case 2

Comment

Working...
                              X