Next Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Guitar

I played with my Greco Les Paul Custom for so long, I decided to pick up my King V and wow, it feels so much different. The only thing i hate about it is the Floyd Rose.

So now I want to get a used Jackson/Charvel Guitar.

What I want is a Start type body. String Thru design. Neckthru with a painted neck, or a Bolt on with a regualar wood neck. Pickup's don't matter, because EMG's are goin in there no matter what. I want the Neck to be Fast, or a little bigger, but less then a LES Paul beefy neck.

The head stock does not matter, but I would like either the 4x2 one, or reversed, but a Regular one is alright too.

I'd prefer a import because I can't afford USA guitars.

Re: Next Guitar

So what is it exactly that you're looking for???
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

i think hes looking for a guitar [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

I would say a carvin DC125 Neckthrough 24 fret, 1 hum,stoptail bridge. if you find a 1989 version they have the jackson headstock.
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Jackson SLSMG Soloist! Neckthrough, 24 frets, string-thru tunomatic bridge, dual humbuckers, and the Soloist shape you want.

Comment

You can have a DC125 to your door step for $300 though usally and it's made in the USA. Not discounting the slsmg though. I think the Carvins are the best bang for the buck used. I think the DC127's are the 2 humbuker ones with the floyds.

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Wow!! That's a price all of us can certainly live with! What is the scale length on that Carvin? Is it 25" like other typical Carvins?

Comment

Ya, 25 like most carvin's, Mine I bought form Troy was shipped to my door in a new SKB case for $330 and it had a screamin demon in it. I sanded down the whole guitar and put a custom custom in it and got I think $300 for it and traded the demon for the JB that's in my VH charvel.

Comment

Thanks guys. I want a Jackson though! [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

The Carvins look nice, but i think i'll skip them unless i see one on bay or on the forums pop up that catch my eye.

SLSMG Soloist Looks awesome, maybe i can find one cheaper then 800 bucks though [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

You should be able to find one for relatively cheap and almost the same price as that Carvin if you're hellbent on getting a Jackson. JCFer Kremit got an SLSMG for about $300 or $350 (I can't remember) a few months ago on Ebay.

Comment

Here's my old carvin that I sold.

All you have to do is a jackson logo, like I did.

Comment

That Carvin is a great fucking guitar. I do plan on relogoing it at some point (when I have the $).

Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

How about a DR6 ? 2 hum, string-thru, reverse head, 22 frets. Nice guitar for the $.

Comment

Ya, my logo job sucks ass. I cleaed it after it started to bubble. At least you're enjoying it, I kinda miss it now

Comment

I meant to re-Carvin-logo it.
                              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
                              X