Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why hasnt Jackson got into acoustic guitars??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why hasnt Jackson got into acoustic guitars??

I know Charvel made acoustics until a few years ago. but why hasnt Jackson got into acoustics? I would certainly buy one. Imagine the traditional Jackson pointy headstock with sharkfins on a acoustic, way too cool. Even if they were a import like the Charvel acoustics were would be fine. If they could fit into the $400 to $700 street price range. That would be great. Does anyone this there would be enough buyers for that?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Curious as to what you other JCFers think...
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Re: Why hasnt Jackson got into acoustic guitars??

I'd love to see a thin-body or even a mid-body acoustic from Jackson or Charvel similar to the Kramer Ferrington. (not the Stratacoustic) Something that's all wood and no composite plastic back!
    Occupy JCF

Comment

No, there aren't any buyers. There aren't any buyers for anything Jackson does except for pointy metal guitars. This is shitty, but it's the truth.

Comment

Seriously, who even buys the Swee-Tone Series, Antigravity Basses, and Scott Ians (and other Jackson Junior Series) regularly? I don't even think there's enough of a market for those compared to the best-selling "pointy heavy metal shapes", let alone branching off into acoustic guitars. If I want a great rock/metal guitar, I'll play a Jackson. If I want a great acoustic guitar, I'll go to Taylor/Takamine/Guild/Larivee/Garrison/etc. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

why hasn't Martin got into super strats?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Ever see Martin's old "Stinger" imports?

Comment

exactly!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
              and double [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
              and triple [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
              and so on!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think the proper approach, if Jackson were to go for this, would be to fit a thin, electric-style neck to the acoustic, with great access to the upper frets, a la Wechter (but much better looking).

I wouldn't make it a thin-line body, though. Those don't sell that well, from what I've seen. Just give it a nice, traditional, good sounding body, with a neck that focuses on playability (thin, satin finish, nice frets, low action), and I think people would buy it (I would).

From a business standpoint, now that FMIC owns Jackson, I would guess this would be feasible, since Fender could just use an existing body design, connected to a Jackson neck.

I think action and playability is the Achilles heel of most acoustic brands, which seem to focus only on sound, and perhaps appearance. If it chose to do so, Jackson could capitalize on this with fantastic playability and good sound.

Comment

I think there are a few of us who would buy a Warrior or Rhoads shaped acoustic, from Jackson.
                  Kinda like the BC rich style acoustics that have been made.
                  According To The Prophecy

Comment

I'd prefer that Flying V acoustic [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    With a Floyd [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And if you want an inexpensive acoustic that can esily be set up to shred like an electric, get a Takamine G330S and file down the nut and saddle. I did that to mine and I swear this thing rips as easily as almost any of my Jacksons [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You lose a little bit of projection because the strings are lower and therefore not able to oscillate in such a wide pattern as before, but hey, slap in a soundhole or bridge transducer and plug in [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That's cool about your Takamine.

I did play an Alvarez at a local store also, that had fantastic action and a nice thin neck, but these seem to be anomalies in my experience.

My point is that I know of no acoustic guitar manufacturers who focus on electric-like playability, and then deliver on that promise.

Ovation does make some claims (which is good - at least they recognize it as a desired feature), but the new Ovations I've tried don't compare to the new Alvarez referenced above.

It seems that when marketing to electric players, acoustic guitar companies focus on making the bodies thinner, and sometimes making them look like electrics (BC Rich, Kramer Ferrington, Fender Stratacoustic/Telecoustic).

I think that, instead, they should clearly focus on providing a thin, satin-finished neck with flat fretboard radius, large frets and great action, and tell people this is more than just a strummer. You can shred on this thing. For example, have you seen the new Steve Vai Ibanez acoustic? It looks beautiful. I don't know how it plays (waiting for a Harmony Central review, since our local stores will never get one). I HOPE it is a shredder. If so, I'll probably buy one. It has the background for it, coming from Ibanez, and being a Steve Vai signature model. Jackson has the same shred cred, which it could use to market a shredder's acoustic. Perhaps make it a signature model of a known shredder to increase visibility and help the public understand what they're trying to offer.

Comment

I think they're waiting for a resurgence of hair metal power ballads. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Nah, those Charvel acoustics were crap and they never really sold well. Jackson and Charvel are the ultimate "hot rodded" electric guitars. That's what they're known for and that's what sells. Hopefully we won't be seeing any more Charvel or Jackson acoustics any time soon!

Matt
                          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

LOL on the power ballads!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I really think they would be cool, but there probably not much marketability. THe market is already flooded with too many acoustic models to introduce such a niche model. I would still buy one. I agree with the idea posted above that it would be cool to have fender just use one of their acoustic bodies, fit it with a Jackson neck and there you have it, an "acoustic shredder" Well, the charvels were very nice acoustics. It would be cool to see this happen, but probably not in the cards [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Oh well.... Fun to think about anyway [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]
                            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Jacksons and Acoustics just don't fit together.

Comment

Working...
                              X