Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why hasnt Jackson got into acoustic guitars??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why hasnt Jackson got into acoustic guitars??

Originally posted by quiksilver:

My point is that I know of no acoustic guitar manufacturers who focus on electric-like playability, and then deliver on that promise.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Check out the Carvin AC175 or AC275 acoustics with peizos, and the AC185 acoustic-electric with humbuckers and peizos. They play exactly like their electric guitars, which is great!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thin and satin/oil finished necks do not offer any more/better playability than a normal painted acoustic neck. I honestly don't know what guitars you guys have been playing, but your hands must be webbed or seriously small (like a 3 year old) if you can't fret properly on most necks. The thickest neck I've ever played on was an old noname nylon string acoustic my brother had. I wasn't a classical, more like a Mexican-style (not Flamenco, but more like Mariachi). The JCF01 Rhoads has a Classical-thickness neck, and every acoustic I've ever played in a store has had a completely unobtrusive neck.

I seriously think you guys who keep on about thin=better have not really spent any time with these other guitars. GC doesn't count, as we're all aware they don't set the guitars up, just hang them on a hook. As well, those crusty pawn shop/Gramma's attic monstrosities are not a fair judgement for the simple fact that they were not taken care of (bowed necks, cruddy strings, etc).

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I played a Guild acoustic (of all things) and the action was as low as a jackson. It was great.

only $600.. . .

Comment

I thought Jackson did offer an acoustic thinline Surfcaster that was even harder to sell than the standard Surfcaster with pickups. Bottom line, if you want an acoustic go with a Martin. They have about 10 different neck profiles and several different neck finishes that are model dependent. I have one with a killer fast neck and I setup the action that any J/C player would love. It all comes down to the sound, and you just can't get a great acoustic sound without making an acoustic in a traditional way. Plus, you do have to get used to 13-56 strings to truly get a great acoustic sound. After playing my acoustic for a while with a lot bending notes, I can bend my 10s on my electric past the opposite side of the fretboard.

Comment

I was never thinking about hat yet. Jackson acouctics could be great guitars, and usefull for a specific branch of players.

Perosnally, my one and only choice in electric guitars is Charvel/Jackson USA. In acoustic guitars, my needs are very different to an imaginary Jackson acoustic. The right acoustics for me are classical guitars. There origin is in Spain, and Spain has a many centuries old tradition in guitar making. The country has myn luthiers. My dream acoustics are the guitars by Spanish luthier Amalio Burguet. Great craftsmanship, great sound, and great necks (even for electrics players).

Comment

Originally posted by Drake S.:
              I think there are a few of us who would buy a Warrior or Rhoads shaped acoustic, from Jackson.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love the Rhoads body style (I own two), but a Warrior shaped acoustic would be soooooooo cool.

- E.
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

It's a preference. The fact that YOU don't find them easier to play is irrelevant to the fact that others do. If you like thick necks, bully for you. Others don't, and won't, whether you understand/agree with it or not.

Originally posted by Newc:
                Thin and satin/oil finished necks do not offer any more/better playability than a normal painted acoustic neck. I honestly don't know what guitars you guys have been playing, but your hands must be webbed or seriously small (like a 3 year old) if you can't fret properly on most necks. The thickest neck I've ever played on was an old noname nylon string acoustic my brother had. I wasn't a classical, more like a Mexican-style (not Flamenco, but more like Mariachi). The JCF01 Rhoads has a Classical-thickness neck, and every acoustic I've ever played in a store has had a completely unobtrusive neck.

I seriously think you guys who keep on about thin=better have not really spent any time with these other guitars. GC doesn't count, as we're all aware they don't set the guitars up, just hang them on a hook. As well, those crusty pawn shop/Gramma's attic monstrosities are not a fair judgement for the simple fact that they were not taken care of (bowed necks, cruddy strings, etc).

Newc
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Imagine what the sound projection and tone (or lack thereof) would be like on a weird acoustic body shape. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] It just doesn't seem feasible. It would look kinda cool though, like those BC Rich Warlock thinline acoustics.

Comment

I have played a couple Ferringtons and have played the stratacoustic guitars and personally, I think they sound and play like crap-and this is in comparison to my 10 year-old washburn D-10. The GC that I frequent seems to set up their guitars quite well, but the ones on the sales floor seem to take a beating. I was tooling around in the acoustic room and played a couple Epi's (they were ok) Fenders (nothing special) Ibanezes (pretty nice for the money). Then I went into the "other" room where they keep the nice acoustics. Played a couple Martins (don't understand the hype or the 2000 dollar tag) GIbsons (again, nothing special) and the Taylors (very nice-blew the Martins and Gibby's away!). Still, I am obsessed with Alvarez acoustics-better playability than all of the above mentioned guitars and so much less expensive.

Comment

You could get one made from the CS

Comment

And another

Comment

Working...
                        X