Question for chuckracer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for chuckracer

What is that picture under your name? It's the funniest thing I've ever seen. It sits there and looks at you while you read. I love it! BTW, how far upstate are you? I guess I'd be way halfway upstate ny. [ QUOTE ]
    "It's not about the music, It's about being about the music. Big difference." -Derek Smalls

[/ QUOTE ]

Re: Question for chuckracer

[ QUOTE ]
    What is that picture under your name? It's the funniest thing I've ever seen. It sits there and looks at you while you read. I love it!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's Chuck himself... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I believe Chuck resides in the Watertown region, if I'm not mistaken. He'll let you know for sure.

Where are you in upstate ny, Jazzman? I'm in Syracuse.

Comment

Yeppers, about 45 minutes east of Watertown, in the Adirondack Mountains. I'm deep in the wood and mountains and sometimes I even have cell phone coverage! Not excatly a Rock and Roll town, but I'm digging it at the moment.

It's pretty funny up here. The locals buy big trucks, like a Dodge Ram 3/4 ton, and put lights and mudflaps and sleeper caps and all sorts of crap on them. Then there will be a huge "Powered By Dodge" sticker across the back window or the top of the windshield. Well, ya think so Bubba? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Thanks for clearing that up!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I have no idea what that pic is in my avatar. I stumbled across it one night and it cracked me up for the same reasons, so I took it. No story there, other than it's a funny pic! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That's a pic of how Chuckles looks after he decides he hates all his gear, sells it - and is watching the Chuckracer-dedicated FedEx truck pull up in front of his house with his new set of toys.
          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

That truck must make a weekly stop at Chuck's place.

Comment

This is the funniest story...

Nor has been giving me crap about Fed Ex following me around, circling my house and what not for a few years now. Everytime I'd advertise something, Nor would chime in with, "Fed Ex is at Defcon 4...trucks are scattering..." and stuff like that. Saying the drivers are on my Christmas card list, and how Fed Ex was going to move their terminal to be closer to me.

Well, I was at his place a couple weeks before I moved and as we were walking out the front door a Fed Ex truck cruised past. Nor says, "Huh, that's strange. I rarely see a Fed Ex truck in this neighborhood."
              So I look at him and say, "Well, I'm here..." And we both doubled over in laughter! It was funny as hell!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Maybe ya had to be there, but it WAS funny! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Capitalland Albany area. I used to play at the Lost Horizon years ago. Is it still there?

Comment

My old band used to play at a place called The Strand in Watertown. Ever been there?

Comment

the kid has a t-shirt on that says, "are those boobies for me???"
                    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

I need a shirt like that!

Comment

Hey Jimmy, is that you! I think I may pay Chuckles a visit tomorrow. He offered me one of his cd's for $100.00 with a free cabinet! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yup, the Lost Horizon is still there. Only under a new name: Club Tundra. Still a great place to play. Remember the pole that used to run from the floor to the ceiling smack dab in front center stage? It's finally gone. (I wonder what's holding the roof up now?) I saw Black Flag there like three times growing up...Henry used to hang off it into the crowd. Good times.

Oh yeah..it's also painted powder blue with silver flecks on the inside. Sounds gay...and is, actually...but it's still a great place to see a band.

Comment

Dude, what was the name of your band??

The Lost is still there...different name now. Crankdaddy could bring us up-to-date. Been to the Strand!

I left this area 15 years ago and was out in Phoenix. I just moved back and am still stumbling aroud trying to remember what was where.

The owner of the Lost Horizon, Greg Italiano, was my bands manager, Below Zero. So of course we got all the choice gigs and nights...

Comment

Quadperson, what is the pic from? Who's site? Got a link or anything?

Comment

Working...
                              X