• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question for chuckracer

The name of his band was East Wall.

Comment

Yeah it's me. Sounds like the deal I got when I bought a $1300 guitar strap that came with a free 57 vintage reissue strat and free tweed case.

Comment

The last few times I played Lost Horizon, They removed the center pole and put two poles on the side. In the back they made a shrine with the old pole in a casket just like a funeral.

Comment

That is correct!

Comment

That's funny about the pole!

I think most everybody that played there has a "Pole" story.
            Here's mine:
            I standing just to the stage right of the pole with my guitar neck stuck out over the crowd (this is the mid eighties, folks, relax), swung around backwards real fast and took the headstock completely off my Les Paul.
            The impact took the neck out of my hand and when I re-grabbed the neck and hit the next chord, there were no strings on the fingerboard! The headstock was swinging around on the strings! It was pretty damn funny! Of course, a little while after the show it started sucking, but hell, I had drugs to fix that!

Comment

I used to play this place here in Jersey called NJ Rocks that had a big GURDER going through the stage... Anyway... Long story short. Saw Ace Frehley walk into into dead center during a sound check! I pissed my pants. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I used to play this place here in Jersey called NJ Rocks that had a big GURDER

[/ QUOTE ]

A big what? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

a Steel GURDER... lol.

Comment

pole stories:
                    I ran my car into a pole once [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
                    It was just in the middle of the parking lot around a gas station.. what a dumb place to put a pole. People were occupying all the good spaces to get gas and there were people in my way so I circled around, the circle I made was kind of wide and I hit the polewhile looking to the left to figure out where I was gonna pull in... not very hard, no damage, luckily. Oops.

Comment

This one club I played at used to be a strip club, and it still had the second stage with the mirrors and poles, they'd do fetish shows sometimes. We were all kinda bummed that we didn't get to play on that stage, but we did take pics and play around on it for a while... in hindsight, probably not the most health-conscious thing we could have done. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm sure it's O.K. as long as you were clothed. If you guys were dancing around in your undies, I'd more than likely see a problem with that.

Comment

I've played NJ rocks in Jersey before. I've played the Stone Pony too. The Ace story is funny because when I played there, I ALMOST whaled into that beam. Then I thought "that would have sucked if I hit that!" Plus it's funny that it was Ace. I know alot of Ace stories. Was he lit? Or just hungover? I'm a kiss fan. I have a dedicated display cab in my guitar room in my house.

Comment

Chuckracer, I actually have a picture...the kid's not wearing a shirt like I thought he was, it's just a caption. It says "a man's first happy moment." Then it says, "are those boobs for me?" If I knew how to put it on here I would. I could probably email it to someone who could post it or whatever. It probably came from Ernie's house of Whoopass or ebaums world, I don't remember.
                            I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

my bad, the kid is saying, "you mean those boobs are for me?"
                              I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Working...
                              X